Sponsored by Pikes Peak Writers
For: This contest is for unpublished writers of short stories and book-length fiction.
* Book-Length Mainstream
* Book-Length Historical Fiction
* Book-Length Mystery / Suspense / Intrigue
* Book-Length Romance
* Book-Length Science Fiction / Fantasy / Horror
* Book-Length Children's (for ages 8-12)
* Book-Length Young Adult (for ages 12-18)
* Short Stories (fiction only; all genres in one category)
Winners attending the 2008 Pikes Peak Writers Conference will be recognized at the awards dinner on Saturday, April 26, 2008, at the Marriott Colorado Springs. The first place winner in each category will be refunded his/her conference registration fee if attending the 2008 PPWC or will be awarded a cash prize of $100 if not attending. Second place will be awarded $50, and third place will be awarded $30 in each category. In addition, winners attending the conference will be given top priority with respect to their editor/agent appointment selections.
Deadlines: Entries must be postmarked BY November 1, 2007.
Format: hard copy, although required to submit an electronic copy as well.
For more information: http://www.ppwc.net/contest.html