Happy Fourth of July from Seekerville to You. We will be closed Friday due to the holiday.
The second contest has no beginning, but ends August 31st and requires evidence of a manuscript completed in 2008 (not necessarily begun in 2008). The winner of a random drawing will receive $50 to assist their manuscript entry into the 2008 Golden Heart competition. This contest may be entered once per completed manuscript; however, there will be only one winner.
Melanie D won the first challenge and received Godiva chocolate. Are we going to let her take challenge two also? Heck, no!!
- The Golden Gateway Contest. All entries and payments must be received by July 18, 2008. This contest for unpublished authors is for the beginning of your manuscript and synopsis..UP TO 55 pages. Wow. That's a lot of bang for your buck. It is an all electronic contest.
- The Golden Rose is another unpublished contest that really delivers a great opportunity for your contest dollars. The competition is designed to prepare you for the RWA Golden Heart contest. Therefore it follows the same formatting rules and category structures. The contest is open to any RWA member who has not been published by an RWA recognized publisher in the last five years. An entrant must not have accepted a publisher's offer as of the August 3, 2008 deadline. Also an electronic contest.
- Where the Magic Begins. Another all electronic contest (seeing a trend here) with a great line-up of judges, including Krista Stroever for the Sweet Contemporary Category. Deadline August 18. An entry consists of the first 25 pages of manuscript and a one-page synopsis (unjudged).
- Black Diamond Romance Writers presents...The Good, The Bad and The Toilet Paper. MY KIND OF CONTEST!!! And electronic contest for published and unpublished authors. Deadline August 15. COME ON LET'S ALL ENTER THIS BABY!!
Other Contests: (Okay, summer is slow for other contests!)
- Deadline is August 31,for the...Wow! Women on Writing Quarterly Flash Fiction Contest.
WORD COUNT:Maximum: 500, Minimum: 250 OPEN PROMPT! Last quarter we enjoyed reading your diverse stories, so we’re doing it again! That’s right, this is your chance to shine, and get creative. You can write about anything, as long as it’s within the word count and fiction. So, dig out those stories you started way back when and tailor them to the word count.
We’re open to any style and genre. From horror to romance! So, get creative, and most of all, have fun. The winner not only gets cash and goodies but an agent read!!