What providence that I should return to the land of Seekerville in time to share wisdom for the new year. As you no doubt fondly remember from my last visit, I always I like to start out the day with a little gypsy humor.
NOTICE : 'The Clairvoyant Society will not have its usual meeting this week, due to unforeseen circumstances.'
Okay, well I laughed.
This prediction gig is a lot work. Anyone can shake the crystal ball and tell you a snow storm is headed to Poughkeepsie. But I happen to be an ethical gypsy. No stone has been left unturned in my quest for information. That's right. I have eavesdropped long and hard to bring you the 2009 news and predictions.
The biggest news of 2009 is that 9 Seekers will have releases this year!
There is also news from Unpubbed Island. Within the next 18 months all the Seekers will have left Unpubbed Island. (15 Seekers SOLD!) The island will not be on the real estate market, but will be, as Glynna Kaye hinted Saturday, be turned into a writer's retreat.
Inside news from Tina Russo:
Many of you remember Janet Edgar's Heart & Soul Writer's Retreat; a quarterly cyber retreat that lasted two weeks to a month and provided an opportunity for support while each participant wrote a book in a very short period of time. Janet is no longer with us, but her memory is here forever. We look forward to leaving Unpubbed Island and launching The Seekerville -Janet Edgar, Heart & Soul Writer's Retreat in the very near future.
These next two words will warm the gypsy cockells of your writerly heart:
I know that many of you are really waiting for my famous Heinz 57 predictions for Seekerville...so here they are. Take them with a grain of salt and a bit of steak sauce and you will be fine.
- Seekers will final in the Golden Heart, RITA and the ACFW Genesis as will several Friends of Seekerville.
- We will hear rumors of an auction for the sale of a Seeker series in 2009
- Seekers will top multiple bestseller lists
- One (or two) Seekers will have a significant weight loss and we shall envy svelte figures
- In 2009 one of the 15 Seekers will be in involved in a very, very nice book deal as recorded on Publisher's Lunch
- There is much merriment and rejoicing at a Seeker party in Denver, Colorado during the month of September
- At least one Seeker will quit a job to devote more time to writing
- I see chocolate, lots of chocolate..dark, white, milk .....
Oy vey, that's it. I'm exhausted.
Happy New Year to The Seekers and their many friends.
Remember that the views expressed by Madame Zelda are not necessarily those of Seekerville.