Here it is...
Naturally it got me thinking. Since I'm a writer I consequently thought of all the stupid things we do as writers. Here's what I came up with, btw some I am guilty of and some are merely hearsay to protect the stupid.
Stupid Things Writers Do:
- Badmouth their editor, agent and/or publishing house on the internet.
- Get a request for a full from an editor and/or agent and fail to send it.
- Fail to follow editor/agent guidelines for submissions.
- Get a a request for revisions and fail to revise and send the manuscript in.
- Fail to meet contractual deadlines.
- Become enamored of their work to the point of refusing critique.
- Write mean things about other writers and/or their books (yes, including reviews) anywhere on the internet.
- Whine (does not include the 24 hour rule for rejections)
- Make excuses.
- Give up. (We in Seekerville believe in Plan B)
- Believe they can't learn anything new about this business.
- Refuse to fight when Writer's Block attacks.
Can you add to the list? Do you dare?
Up for grabs is a copy of Ruth Logan Herne's Made To Order Family and Julie Lessman's A Hope Undaunted. Two winners.
Winners announced in the Weekend Edition.
And if this post intrigues you, check out The Writer's Guide To Self Sabotage. I hope you don't see yourself there.