Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekend Edition Back To The Beach

Here on the island, the celebrations are over, the decorations are being put away, but we hope you will carry this week's messages with you into the next 360 some days as we continue to travel this writing road together in 2011. Stay tuned because some exciting events planned on Unpubbed Island because everyone needs a writer's retreat every now and again.

Have We Got Winners??

Please contact Seekerville through our new web email if you are a winner and if needed, provide your snail mail address. Please note our giveaway rules in the right lower column of Seekerville.

Santa Claus is coming to Seekerville...a couple of days late. And on Monday, Mary Connealy gave away a copy of her January 1, release, Sharpshooter in Petticoats. The winner is Katy.

Tuesday Sandra Leesmith brought us, Believing in the Goals You Set for the New Year. Winner of Tina Radcliffe's The Rancher's Reunion is Digging for Pearls, and Winner of Rocky Mountain Hero by Audra Harders, is CatMom.

Wednesday friend of Seekerville Anne Barton gave A Toast to Seekerville. Check out those toasts!! Winner of a $10 Barnes & Noble gift card is Erica Vetsch.

Thursday, Tina Radcliffe presented What's Your One Word. Have you got yours yet? She also gave away two copies of Myra Johnson's One Imperfect Christmas. Winners are Jackie S. and Julie Hilton Steele.

Friday Madame Zelda Rocked Christmas Eve all day long and into the wee hours of the night. And she gave away prizes as well.

  • 5pm - Love on Assignment by Cara Lynn James-Winner CatMom

  • 6pm-4 copies of The Rancher's Reunion by Tina Radcliffe-Laura, Andrea, Susan Mason & Lorna Faith. Since Susan already BOUGHT The Rancher's Reunion, we are adding, Lady Dragon Keeper as a winner and Susan can have s Seeker recent release of her choice.

  • 7pm-Ten dollar Starbucks gift card winner is Tina P and winner of Ruth Logan Herne's Waiting Out the Storm is Leigh and Made To Order Family is Sherrinda

  • 8pm-Christmas Peril by Debby Giusti-Winner Renee C

  • 9pm-4 copies of Courting the Doctor's Daughter by Janet Dean-Winners, Tori Lynn, Dawn Ford, Rose Ross Zediker, and Susie Sheehey.

  • 10pm-Sharpshooter in Petticoats by Mary Connealy -Winner Julie Hilton Steele.

  • 12 Midnight EST Happy New Year-4 copies of Rocky Mountain Hero by Audra Harders-Winners Hannah, Walt, Rogenna Brewer & Melanie

  • 11 pm-Donald Maass' The Fire in Fiction by Mary Connealy and an extra copy by Tina Radcliffe to winners, Kav and MJ.

  • 12 Midnight MST Happy New Year- Mary Buckham & Dianne Love's Break Into Fiction: 11 Steps to Building a Story That Sells by Glynna Kaye-Winner is Helen Gray.

  • 12 Midnight PST Happy New Year- A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman-Winner Debra Marvin.
  • Special Lurker Prize: For anyone who has never commented in Seekerville-a surprise package. The winner is Kathy Brasby.

Finally, on New Year's Day, Madame Zelda was again your hostess: The Best of Seekerville from the Archives and First Fives Page Critique/Characterization with Madam Zelda . Winner of a Five Page Critique is Lorna, and Madame Z made us pick a second winner because she IS THAT WONDERFUL. The second winner is Carol.

Next Week in Seekerville

Monday: Genesis winner Pam Hillman is your blog leader today.

Tuesday: Steeple Hill author Tina Radcliffe is chatting today. Her post is Winnie the Pooh and Writing Too, and she's got copies of The Rancher's Reunion to giveaway.

Wednesday: Join friend of Seekerville Vince Mooney, of Philosophy of Romance for a special post called, Author Branding & Author Tags: What’s Best for You? Plus a Contest! Participants will have an opportunity to win Seeker releases of their choice.

Thursday: Love Inspired debut author Audra Harders is your hostess and she'll be giving away a hunky Rocky Mountain Hero.

Friday: January Contest Update. The prize vault is OPEN.

Seeker Sightings

Philosophy of Romance has named Made To Order Family it's 2010 Book of the Year!

Don't forget, Love on Assignment, the second in the Ladies of Summerhill series, a January release, is now available.

Tina Radcliffe has
a special contest that's already begun and goes through January 31st, to launch The Rancher's Reunion. All the info is on the book's very own website at

Look! We have a store sighting of Audra Harders'
Rocky Mountain Hero.

Sharpshooter in Petticoats, Mary Connealy's third in the Sophie's Daughter's Series will be available January 1st. Preorder here.

You can also preorder, Glynna Kaye's February release, Second Chance Courtship!

Janet Dean's
March Historical release, Wanted: A Family, is available for preorder.

Random News

  • If you're a fan of Harlequin SuperRomance or a writer targeting the line, you won't want to miss the Super Author's Blog Launch Party, Monday, January 3, through Friday, January 7, 2011! Daily drawings for Super Prizes! They're giving away books, books and more books! Your comments to the blog automatically enters you in the Grand Prize drawing for an Amazon Kindle and a $25 Amazon gift card to be given away Monday, January 31, 2011. And don't miss those Super Author posts and visits by Super Editors!

Congratulations to friend of Seekerville Gina Welborn on her sale to Barbour. Which reminds us to remind you to be smart and look for opportunities like this one:

Have a great week, Seekerville!


CarolM said...

Oh my cow!!! Did I read that right?

[Do I dare admit that I even went back to the comments from today and checked to make sure I was the only Carol?]

Madame Z... I think I love you.

/sets out a huge plate of cookies in celebration before starting the coffeemaker/

Thanks, Seekers!!!!

/heads off to email the Seeker email address ;)/

Helen Gray said...

Coffee will be ready at 4 a.m.

Looks like ANOTHER great week coming up.


Andrea Strong said...

Look at all the coffee! Too bad I'm headed off to bed.

It looks like it's gonna shape up to be a great week on the Island.

Speaking of Seeker sightings, I was at Wal-Mart with my mom, and I had the pleasure of pointing out Tina and Audra's books to her. She was almost as excited as I was, and she doesn't know you guys.
Yay! Carol. I'm so excited for you.

Glynna~ I received your package in the mail Friday, and was pleasantly surprised to find more than I expected. Thank you, you sweet thing, you.

With the Seeker give aways, the Christmas presents, and the books I buy, my 'to be read' shelf is filling up fast. I still have Christmas money, so it's not gonna slow down anytime soon. : )

I have to go to bed now, but hopefully I'll make it back this afternoon.

Keli Gwyn said...

Oooh! So many wonderful Seeker books coming out soon. I simply must learn to read faster--or survive on little to no sleep. =)

Ruth Logan Herne said...




Seriously, you have no idea what this means to me my friend when I know what an avid reader, critiquer and studier you are. It wasn't because of the blank check I sent you, was it dear? Because football-playing college kids have gotten into BIG trouble for a lot less!!!


Thank you so much. I am truly blessed to know you and call you my friend. I will shout this to the heavens because I'm THAT EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!!


And no diet starts today. Oh, no. We'll do that tomorrow, despite the calendar date of 1/2/2011...

Today we start the day with cherry/cheese blintzes, ham, bacon, home fries, a passel full of scrambled eggs, juice and coffee bar.

Vince, you rock, Dude!

CAROL:::::: I'm laughing here! Yes, you read it right.

Amazing how things happen in Seekerville when Price Waterhouse Coopers closes their accounting doors for the Holiday Week! Just call it "Elves at Work".

Helen, loving the coffee.

You late-nighters... We are like ships that pass in the night. Sweet dreams until later today!

Kav said...

LOL -- I'm laughing with Carol because I did the exact same thing when I saw my name on New Year's Eve. Did it again -- twice -- this morning just to be really, really, really sure. LOL.

I'm excited for 2011 because this will be my first full year hobnobbing in Seekerville. Wahooo. And we're starting out the new year with some great Seeker books as well!!!! Yipeee!!!!

Walt M said...

Congrats to all the winners. I'm with Keli. There are so many fabulous Seeker books that i need to learn to survive on less sleep.

Tina Russo Radcliffe said...

My One Word did end up being ORGANIZATION. It usually is the first gut wrenching word that drops in your spirit.

So...I am doing what I consider a waste of time..I am ...organizing.

What are you up to today.

Ruth Logan Herne said...

I am also organizing.

Which I don't do well.

I'm cleaning the office.

I've started a web page for the Men of Allegany County.

And let me just say, those God-fearin' boys are HOT.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

I have swept up the wasps.

And something unidentifiable.

And I believe a small mite has made a nest in my right eye.

But I will FORGE ahead because I took "Before" pictures and posted a post-dated blog with space for Before and After...

The "Before" shots were easy.

The "After????"

Taking a little longer.

Oh my stars. I promised myself I can't paint the attic bedroom UNTIL the office is cleaned. And less scary.

My standards are quite low.

My word veri is: restomo

That's either a message from God to rest...

(I'm somewhat skeptical)

Or, if you go blatant Southern, it's

"Resto' Mo'!"

Which means I should restore more order.

I'm torn, obviously.

Debra E. Marvin said...

It's nice that the Seekers are putting out about 150 books a year, well I didn't count but it seems that way, because they give so many away.

Thank you for A Hope Undaunted, Madame Zelda and Julie! Congratulations to all the winners from a big week. Thank you Madame Zelda for hosting a great party, too!

Funny, I'd just re-read Vince's post about rewards per page. Nice job, Ruthy!
Looking forward to a great week and great year. What amazing guests will visit this year? Hmmmmm...

Vince said...

Hi Ruth:

Holy Rolaids!

A blank check won’t work for this award. The Philosophy of Romance Book of the Year has to be demonstrably excellent! That means I have to prove it! And that requires enough good material and sparkling insights for least a 2,000 word review. (Yours took 2508 words!)

What I am really worried about is having “Made to Order Family” competing with “Winter’s End” and “Waiting Out the Storm” in the same contests this year. They will split the votes! Think: Strategy. Only one per contest! : )

BTW: I read that one of your goals for 2011 is getting a contract this year. I wouldn’t say that too loud or you’ll get run over by the stampede. You have to guard those fingers!


Ruth Logan Herne said...

I have filled two garbage bags.

3 big 'bleach' boxes full of books

One recycling bin. I mean full.

I can still barely turn around.

Oh, and old black desk, the one that's spray painted black enamel, with gold-gilt trim and one drawer doesn't work and another one is missing the front-face piece???

The one I got for $10 at a garage sale like 6 years ago???

Yeah, that's out by the road.

And I can still barely turn around.

I needed an intervention.

Tina Russo Radcliffe said...

Okay, fine. I don't see how this is possible. But you apparently win the disgusting office award. But I come in a close second with the mini hoarder award.

I filled 2 trash bags.
Am taking 40 magazines to work. Filled one box with Love Inspired. Another box with OTHER publisher's books. And filed receipts from the last 4-6 months.

My cats slapped my hand because I am such a slob.

I chose to think of it as focused.

This is why my mother lives in NY I live in Colorado. She would have grounded me.

Pam Hillman said...

I didn't share the pic of the 400+ books on my son's bed the other day. They're still not all shelved.

And, don't award Ruthy the prize for the junkiest office just yet....

Mary still hasn't chimed in.

Janet Dean said...

Wahoo to Gina Wellborn!!! Thrilled to hear about your sale!!

Congrats to all the winners!

Looking forward to all the posts in Seekerville this week.

Lots of cleaninig going on. What's with that? It's not spring. My office isn't clean but it's managable. ;-)


Ruth Logan Herne said...

Vince, Oh mylanta, you're adorable!!!

Hey, you could be right about the contest thing. In all seriousness, we've all had that happen in the past, where we shot ourselves in the foot by hedging.

Although other times we'd take first and second place and I distinctly remember Audra SWEEPING a contest.

Thank you, my dear friend! Your words were the oil of joy, and the contract thing????

I think I'm still beloved at 233 Broadway, and I'm working hard so I'm hopeful that works out the way you and I expect!

Hey, I'm going to e-mail you for permission to use this as a link on my website and blog.

You have given me my FIRST published author's award.

I'm deeeelighted.


Have some fudge. It's not even hardly old. Yet. And it WASN'T in my office.

Debra E. Marvin said...

my office will stay the same until I practice my One Word.


I did not choose Organization, after all.

CarolM said...

Kav - I'm with you on the whole 'whole year with Seekerville' thing ;).

This was part of my email last night re: my win:

Have I mentioned lately that I love you ladies? I think you may have been one of the top 5 things to happen to me this year. It would be top thing, but well, I did get diamonds and sapphires for Christmas and my son did make it through a very scary medical situation intact and I got to see my best friend for the first time in like 8 years so...

Ruthy - glad I make you laugh =D. It is one of my goals in life ;). If only I could write as funny as I try to be online...

Susan Anne Mason said...

Whew! I almost didn't make it today! And I won something! Thanks ladies!

Cleaning offices out? Is that a Jan. 2nd activity at Seekerville? I sorta did that for Christmas (b/c my desk is in my dining room - so I had to tidy up!) Now to find where I stashed everything!

For Christmas, hubby gave me a gift certificate to Amazon so I could buy the books I wanted (which aren't in our bookstores up here). So yesterday I ordered about 7 books! So much fun until I saw the shipping charges! $32.00 and change to ship $56.00 worth of books!!! Quel rip-off.

From now on, Book Depository here I come. Hope they don't start charging shipping!

Have a great week!


Ruth Logan Herne said...

Susan, that's such a pain in the patoote to pay shipping like that just because you're over the border.

Balderdash, I say!

And Carol, laughter is HUGE, isn't it?

But honey, we should beat out everything but the jewelry.

And maybe the kid's medical problems.


Casey said...

I want to hug a seeker in 2011. *wink*

CatMom said...

"Happy 2nd day of the New Year" to ALL the Seekers and Seeker friends! Thank you again for having these wonderful contests and book drawings---I was sooo excited to win a book at Madame Z's party, and now I just saw I won Audra's book from the drawing last week!! What a wonderful way to begin a new year--thank you again--what a super group of folks you all are!! Hugs from Georgia, Patti Jo :)

Ausjenny said...

congrats all winners.
to much of the w word being used here today (work that is).
I need to organize myself but its a holiday today! I am sitting watching cricket on tv. doing a jigsaw and checking the computer. but at lunch did do some gardening.
I plan to finish a book today too.
I joined a new challenge for reading books this year. its one to read a book from all 50 states. in my books so far and tbr pile I have 11 covered plus 5 overseas places. think it may be a challange.

Oh my tbr pile includes about 5 or 6 seeker books and I have a couple to obtain.

B.Schwind said...

Still working on the one word--yes organization. I watched the Colts play while I cleaned out a desk drawer. Made the task bearable. Thanks for all the good ideas I read on Seekerville. Enter me...Bev

Lady DragonKeeper said...

Ooh, thank you so much! Admittedly, I've never read any books from the LoveInspired line (I've only been an adult for a couple of years, give me time, LOL) --my mother loves them, so if I get too bogged down in school before spring break to read it, I'll be sharing it with my mom meanwhile. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Cheryl Wyatt said...

LOL Carol! LOLOL. I've never heard oh my cow.