Thanks to Steena at Chocolate Reality for reminding me that in the US, this week has been National Chocolate Week. Here's the story of chocolate, but if you want to get right to the good stuff, Seekerville will be giving away a chocolate treat from See's Candies. Winner announced in the next Weekend Edition.
Just tell us about your favorite chocolate, a chocolate memory, how chocolate is featured in a romance you wrote or read, or share a chocolate recipe.
We Have Winners!
Please contact Seekerville through our new web email if you are a winner and if needed, provide your snail mail address. Please note our giveaway rules in the right lower column of Seekerville.
Last Sunday we thanked YOU our readers, followers, and lurkers. Winners of the Seeker inspirational romance book of their choice (currently available) are Faye Rhys and Angela Bell. And the winner of $10 Starbucks card for a beverage to sip while they read our books is Valerie Comer.
Monday Janet Dean shared Let Your Character's Write Their Story. Winner of Janet's latest release from Love Inspired Historical, Wanted: A Family, is Renee Ann.
Wednesday the Grammar Divas were our grammatically correct guests. Winner of a 15 page manuscript and 5-page synopsis critique (grammar and style) from the Divas is Jan Drexler.
Thursday Mary Connealy brought you Mary Higgins Clark Roller Coaster Fiction. The winner of Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maas is Jan Christiansen.
On Friday Seekerville was treated to YA author and musher, Terry Lynn Johnson. Winner of her debut YA release Dogsled Dreams is Leigh.
The Best of Seekerville from the Archives was Mary Connealy's ABCs. Winner of a Five Page Critique by an anonymous Seeker is Sarah Wall Ladd who posted on Facebook.
Next Week In Seekerville
Monday: Love Inspired author Missy Tippens is posting in Seekerville today and she is giving away a copy of her April release, A Family for Faith.
Tuesday: Avalon author Sandra Leesmith shares today.
Wednesday: Love Inspired Romance author Glynna Kaye brings us What's Holding You Back? Part 3: No Time To Write. And she's giving away a copy of Kelly L. Stone's Time to Write.
Thursday: Thomas Nelson author Cara Lynn James is your hostess in Seekerville.
Friday: Love Inspired Historical author Winnie Griggs is our guest today with Effective Pacing-Rapid Fire is Not Always Best. Stop by for this excellent post and a chance to win a copy of The Proper Wife.
On Wednesday, March 23, Ruthy will be teaching eager or yawning students about the ins and outs of creative writing at Hilton Central High School, some of which she knows, some of which she'll make up. Middle school and high school students and members of the community are invited to attend.
Don't miss Ruthy's Cold Call Interview at An Audience of One on Friday, March 25th!!
Congratulations to Julie Lessman! A Hope Undaunted is a 2011 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence 2011 Finalist.
Cara Lynn James was interviewed at Casey Herringshaw's blog, The Audience of One, last Monday. You have until March 25 to comment and win a copy of Love on Assignment.
- The BookClub Network Inc is having a Scavenger Hunt on Monday, March 21st at 9PM. There will be $150 in gift cards given away, 5 x $20 and 2 x $25 gift cards. Chat room will be opened at 8:30 PM eastern and the Hunt begins at 9PM eastern. See the site for more information.
- Did you know that if you're a first-time shopper at eHarlequin, they have a special deal? FREE shipping on your first order! Just browse and add your books to your shopping cart. When you check out, select the "Economy" shipping option ("Standard" for Canadian customers) and you'll automatically get FREE shipping! Shop now here.
- Natasha Kern Talks About Talent vs. Perseverance (The Borrowed Book)
- Fun with Vintage Mills & Boon Covers (Oli + Alex)
- Introducing Avon Impulse! (From the Avon newsletter): For those of you who have not yet heard, we've just launched a digital publishing romance imprint, Avon Impulse. Featuring established Avon authors as well as new talent to be published as e-originals, the imprint will include e-books and print-to-order novels and novellas. And now we're taking submissions! We're looking for fresh, engaging, high quality, innovative romance fiction. Here's your opportunity to take romance in the direction you'd like to see it go. For guidelines and an online submission portal, visit AvonImpulse.com.
Oh, and before we leave we'd like to say Happy Birthday to two birthday gals that hang around here. Mary Connealy and Erica Vetsch.
And P.S.S Remember the Golden Heart and RITA calls go out on Friday, March 25th. The complete finalist list will be posted on the RWA website by 2pm CST, but RWA promises to post finalists as they are contacted on the RWA site.