(SHE. WILL. KNOW. ~~SINCERELY, THE QUEEN)
This week launches the RWA National Conference in NYC. TWO THOUSAND romance writers will be descending upon the city.
With almost half of the Seekers traveling the Weekend Edition is up today. We will still be offering the First Five Pages Critique. Just let us know you want in. Winner announced next weekend.
We Have Winners!
Contact Seekerville through our new web email if you are a winner and if needed, provide your snail mail address. Please note our giveaway rules in the right lower column of Seekerville. All prizes are mailed within 6-8 weeks of winner announcements. But if we goof up, holler.
Please be advised that due to the Canada Postal Strike, Seekerville is temporarily suspending snail mail prize delivery to Canada-does not include internet delivered prizes.
(However it is likely the strike may be over by the time this edition goes to press!)
Sunday Seekerville shared another Friend-of-Seekerville first sale. Writing as Mia Ross, Andrea Chermak has sold the first book of the Sawyer series to Melissa Endlich of Love Inspired books. Winners of friends of Seekers books are Edwina and Virginia.
Tuesday Abingdon Press author Sherry Kyle shared Creative Spaces. Winner of her new release: Delivered with Love is Kayleen.
Hope you didn't miss the return visit of Jacqui Jacobi on Wednesday, with Forward Motion. Winner of a Barnes & Noble, Gone With the Wind book bag is Nancy Kimball.
Thomas Nelson author Catherine Richmond was our guest on Friday with her version of the writer's journey. Winner of her release, Spring for Susannah, is Carol M.
Next Week In Seekerville
Monday: 2011 Golden Heart finalist and debut Tyndale author Pam Hillman is your hostess today.
Tuesday: Avalon debut author Sandra Leesmith shares today in Seekerville. And pssst...it's her birthday on Tuesday. Sandra's post is called "The Library-A Writer's Delightful Friend." The library is not only a resource, but librarians can be one of your best publicists. She'll be giving away a copy of her new release Price of Victory!!
Wednesday: The July Contest Update is here already. And the prize vault is open.
Thursday: We are Live from RWA New York City with photos and chit chat from the Tuesday Literacy Signing. Expect a chance to win some free books today!
Friday: More Live from RWA New York City. We promise inside photos from the PASIC reception at the famed Algonquin Hotel, random photos from the conference, and maybe some from the Harlequin RWA Pajama Party. (Sunday we bring the RITA /GH photos and photos from the Harlequin Ball at the Waldorf Astoria.)
From RWA: The 2011 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing will take place on Tuesday, June 28, from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square, Broadway Ballroom. This event is open to the public; there is no admittance fee. Proceeds from book sales go to ProLiteracy Worldwide and their local NYC partner, ACE New York.
A listing of authors (including Seekers) signing at the 2011 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing can be found here. For an idea of just how big the autographing is, here's a video from last year's in Orlando.
Pam Hillman's debut release from Tyndale, Stealing Jake, is now available for preorder at Amazon.com, and we swiped the cover from her website!
And it's text to speech enabled, so your Kindle can read it to you!
We have photos from Ruthy's booksigning in Angelica, New York to launch her Men of Allegany County series. Ruthy will have to identify the fans in the photo for us.Many thanks to my secret source for the pictures.
Click on an image to enlarge.
Seekerville LOVES PARABLE Christian Book Store in Omaha, Nebraska. Check out this array of Seeker books. Those missing were sold already!
Click on images to enlarge.
Random News & RWA NYC Conference
I hope we've provided enough links to keep you busy all weekend!
- Theresa Rizzo is a delightful and giving writer who lives in Colorado. We'd like to share this wonderful video she made of her writing journey. (And Theresa, here's to flying pigs everywhere, dudette!) Thank you to Debra Marvin for sending the link!
- Romance Novels Are Steaming Up E-Reader Screens (Fast Company)
- Historical Newspapers Archive. You can access an online database of more than three million newspaper pages published between 1860 and 1922. Pay special attention to the advertisements, so much info to be gleamed about prices and styles and attitudes.
- Free beverage! Thanks to Seeker friend Carol Moncado for introducing Seekerville to the wonders of writing at Panera. Real food. Great java. And if you go to mypanera.com and register they will give you a free beverage and a rewards card.
- Authors Ask Agents: What Are The Publishers Doing for Us? (Publishing Perspectives)
- Ask the Editor with Leslie Wainger (eharlequin.com)
- Watch the posting of the 2011 RITA and Golden Heart award winners—as they’re being announced—on Friday, July 1, from 8:00–10:00 p.m. ET on the RWA website (www.rwa.org), Twitter (twitter.com/romancewriters), and Facebook (www.facebook.com/romancewriters). Follow the RWA tweets at twitter.com/romancewriters (#rwa11 hashtag to get an inside look at what’s happening at the conference.
- RWA 2011 Conference Hotel (Secrets of a Romance Writer's Husband)
- And if you're a blogger and reviewer don't miss the Harlequin Blogger Tea on Wednesday, June 29th! (Harlequin Blog)
- And don't forget the 2nd Annual Blogger Bar Bash at the Atrium Lounge--details here! (The Misadventures of Super Librarian)
- If you missed Debby Giusti's Conference Do's and Don'ts you can check it out here.
Finally, some links to reviews and info on the conference hotel which may provide insider info for you.
That's it for this week. Look for any Seeker at the Tuesday Literacy Signing and there is a slight chance one of us might know where we are all meeting to chat LATE, LATER, and MUCH LATER that evening. We'd love to have you join us (as soon as we figure out where we would love you to join us.)