This weekend I'm contemplating a support group of writers who are already tired of mowing their lawns. Come on, I live at an altitude of 5280. Whose bright idea was it to plant lawns in a semi arid climate?
I'd Rather Be Writing
We Have Winners
Contact Seekerville through our new web email if you are a winner and if needed, provide your snail mail address. Please note our giveaway rules in the right lower column of Seekerville. All prizes are mailed within 6-8 weeks of winner announcements. But if we goof up, holler.
Please be advised that due to the Canada Postal Strike, Seekerville is temporarily suspending snail mail prize delivery to Canada-does not include internet delivered prizes.
Avalon debut author Sandra Leesmith posted Pay It Back on Monday in Seekerville. The winner of Percival the Naughty Prairie Dog is Cathy Shouse and the winner of Hector Wants to Play is Melanie Dickerson.
Tuesday Seekerville was delighted to welcome back Revell author Dan Walsh. Hope you didn't miss Sometimes in Writing Less is More. The winner of The Deepest Waters is Christy Olesen.
Love Inspired Historical debut author Patty Hall was our Wednesday guest with Tick, Tick, Tick ... Time is Ticking Away! Winner of her debut release, Hearts in Flight is Lindi.
On Thursday Ruth Logan Herne bossed you around with "Do Not Take the Summer Off". Winners of Small-Town Hearst (the second book in the Men of Allegany County series) are Suzie Johnson and Susan Hollaway.
Saturday was the June Contest Update. The prize vault was open and the winner of a Seeker author surprise book package is Natalie. The First Five Pages Critique winner is Larissa Hoffman.
Next Week in Seekerville
Monday: Love Inspired Historical author Janet Dean is your hostess with Tips for Writing Novellas. Stop by to chat with Janet and for a chance to win her latest Love Inspired Historical, Wanted: A Family.
Tuesday: Love Inspired author Tina Radcliffe presents-Super Secret Insiders Notes on Writing When You're Stuck and a of course there's giveaway!
Wednesday: Love Inspired Suspense author Debby Giusti, author of the Military Investigation series, is your blog leader today. Do not miss it!
Thursday: Our special guest today is Love Inspired author Kim Watters. Kim will also be giving away a copy of one of her backlist books.
Friday: We're excited to welcome back Desert Breeze author K. Dawn Byrd. And check out the book trailer for her June 15 release, Mistaken Identity.
Getting 15 Seekers to remember to submit items for this portion of the Weekend Edition is very similar to herding cats. So this weekend I went prowling and this is what I found...
By the way if you want to report your own Seeker Sighting, you can contact me here. Feel free to send previously unpublished photos of Seekers at book signings or links to blog posts they forgot to tell me about.
Mary Connealy's August release Out of Control will be available from Oasis Audiobooks. Release date is August 2011
Janet Dean's, The Substitute Bride is a finalist in the Short Historical category of the FHL 2011 Inspirational Reader's Choice Awards Contest.
Thanks for the Shout Out Joanne Sher of An Open Book -Finds for Friday!
Interview with Cheryl Wyatt, RT Booklovers Convention 2011 Panelist
Restless Writer Stirs Up Fun & Fudge! Check out this great post on Ruth Logan Herne's Small-Town Hearts at Philosophy of Romance.
- Harlequin News — at the Harlequin spotlight at the Romantic Times convention last month, the editors stressed that they’re looking for new authors for all series lines. And Dianne Moggy said that even though the stated policy is that Mira and HQN accept agented authors only, they do read all queries from unagented authors. Send a one-page query only if you have a manuscript you think would be appropriate. (From Cindi Myers Market News Blog)
- Do Writers Need to Read? (GalleyCat)
- Why Romance Novels Aren't Emotional Porn (The Christianity Today Blog For Women)
- BIRTHDAY BASH MONDAY NIGHT JUNE 13th 9p.m. EST at The Book Club Network. Nora and Fred St. Laurent are celebrating the first birthday of The Book Club Network in a big way. This network connects book club leaders to authors, and of course, vice versa. Thanks to B & H and over 20 authors we have $200.00 gift cards, over 20 books and the grand prize a Kindle to give away Monday night. Hope you can be there to celebrate with us! Books from many of your favorite Seeker authors will be part of the giveaway.
- Word Count Dracula (YA & Children's) Jennifer Represents...
- Agents In Conflict With Authors (The Passive Voice)
- Write Your Query Letter First For a Better Book (Writer Unboxed)'
- 77 Ways To Master Facebook (Marketing With Heart, CJ Lyons)
- Hyperbolic Coral Reef (for all you knitting writers) from Isabel Swift's ..Wouldn't You Like To Know Blog.
And finally, we've heard some REALLY exciting news...
Seekerville is waving our CONGRATULATIONS! banner high on the island to celebrate our friend Jessica Nelson's first sale. Jessica sold to Love Inspired Historical. Woo! Hoo!