Friday, August 3, 2012

August Contest Update

It's that time again. 
The eighth month is upon us. 
What are your target contest goals for the rest of the year?

Today the prize vault is open and we have a special prize.
 If you are attending the ACFW Conference in Dallas, speak up! 
One winner will be hand delivered a  
box of See's chocolate truffles at 
conference from moi! 



Our reader or writer not attending conference prize 
of the day is a Seeker Book of Choice (currently available)


Winners announced in the Weekend Edition!




Published Contests


Laurel Wreath. Deadline August 31st.


Unpublished Contests



The Golden Pen. Deadline August 15.  Electronic. A Golden Pen contest entry shall include a synopsis (not to exceed fifteen pages) plus the first consecutive pages of the manuscript in one document, together totaling not more than fifty-five pages.
 Contemporary Single Title Romance – Deb Werksman, Sourcebooks Inc.
 Inspirational Romance – Melissa Endlich, Steeple Hill
 Novel with Strong Romantic Elements – Valerie Gray, MIRA Books and SPICE Books
 Paranormal Romance – Leis Pederson, Berkley Publishing Group
 Romantic Suspense – Elizabeth Poteet, St. Martin’s Press
 Series Romance– Susan Litman, Harlequin Enterprises
 Historical Romance– Katherine Pelz, Berkley Publishing Group
 Young Adult Romance – Regina Griffin, Egmont USA



The Golden Palm. Deadline August 15th. Electronic. Entry consists of the first 25 pages double spaced. Cash prizes.

Angela James, Executive Editor Carina Press: Contemporary Romance
Leslie Wainger, Editor at Large Harlequin: Paranormal/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Time Travel
Elaine Spencer, Agent with Knight Agency: Historical
Micki Nuding, Sr.Editor with Pocket Books: Single Title




The Unpublished Beacon. Deadline August 31. Electronic.  The first 25 pages and optional 5 page synopsis. Limited to the first 125 entries. WOW. What a judge lineup!~!

Historical/Regency
Agent:   Kevan Lyon of the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
Editor:  Holly Blanck of St. Martin’s Press

Single Title Contemporary
Agent:  Nalini Akolekar, Spencerhill Associates
Editor:  Esi Sogah, Harper Collins

Contemporary Series
Agent: Andrea Somberg, Harvey Klinger Agency
Editor: Susan Litman, Editor, Harlequin

Fantasy, Futuristic, or Paranormal
Agent: Beth Miller, Writer’s House
Editor: Jhanteigh, Kupihea, NAL

Romantic Suspense
Agent: Weronika Janczuk, Franklin & Siegal Associates
Editor: Shana Smith, Harlequin Intrigue

Young Adult
Agent: Laura Bradford of the Bradford Literary Agency
Editor: Audrey Poole, Sourcebooks

Erotic Romance
Editor: Leis Pederson, Berkley
Editor: April Chapman, Ellora’s Cave

Inspirational
Agent: Mary Sue Seymour, The Seymour Agency
Editor: Lauren Plude, Grand Central Publishing

Chick Lit, Women’s Fiction, or Mainstream
Agent: Michelle Grajkowski, 3 Seas Literary Agency
Editor: Rachel Burkot, Harlequin




Show Me the Spark. Deadline August 31. Electronic.   First Chapter (including prologue); maximum of 3,500 words. Must be formatted in Times New Roman, 25 lines per page. Word count will be verified.   Published and unpublished authors. Work must not be contracted in any form. If Work becomes contracted before October 1, 2012, entrant must withdraw Work. Entrants do not need to be members of RWA.


Contemporary- Wanda Ottewell, senior editor, Harlequin
Erotic Romance- Leis Pederson, editor, Berkley
Historical - Laura Bradford, Bradford Literary Agency
Inspirational- Raela Schoenherr, editor, Bethany House
Paranormal / Fantasy / Sci-Fi- Whitney Ross, editor, Tor
Romantic Suspense- Erin Molta, editor, Entangled Publishing
Young Adult -Kate Kaynak, editor, Spencer Hill Press






Heart-To-Heart. Deadline August 31. Electronic. The top three finalists in each category will have their entries read by a literary agent, a traditional publishing house editor and an e-publishing editor.  Entry is the scene where the h/h meet. The entry is not required to be the opening scene of the book, but pages should be numbered as they appear in the manuscript to a maximum of 15 pages, in which the hero and heroine meet for the first time or for the first time in the book if they are previously acquainted. You may submit more than one scene if you wish, as long as the total is not over 15 pages. The scenes (and all pages) must be consecutive;  If your entry isn’t the first scene in the book, and if you feel that more information is needed so the judges will understand the situation, you may submit a one-page, double-spaced set-up. This is optional, and will not be scored. The optional set-up page will not count toward the 15-page maximum.
 

 Categories: Paranormal, Contemporary, Historical, Erotic, YA. 

 Final Judges: Laura Bradford, Bradford Literary Agency; Leis Pederson, Berkley; Jay Austin, Xtasy Books and Devine Destinies; Kimberly Myers, Omnific Publishing; Tera Kleinfelter, Samhain Publishing





Hold Me! Thrill Me!  Deadline September 1. Electronic.  The first 20 pages of an unpublished manuscript featuring romantic elements. Cash prizes too!

Contemporary: Jhanteigh Kupihea, New American Library
Historical: Leah Hultenschmidt, Sourcebooks
Paranormal: Whitney Ross, Tor
Romantic Suspense: Leslie Wainger, Harlequin
Young Adult: Leis Pederson, Berkley




Hot Prospects.  Postmark and Electronic Deadline: September 1. Entry: 3-5-page synopsis and up to 25 pages of story (30 pages max). Entry or synopsis may be shorter, but neither may be longer than specified. Grand Prize Winner wins $250. Eligibility: Any uncontracted and unpublished work.

Historical/Regency
Editor - Lauren Plude, Grand Central Publishing
Agent - Michelle Grajkowski, 3 Seas Literary Agency

Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal
Editor – Holly Blanck, St. Martins Press
Agent – Agent Suzie Townsend, New Leaf Literary Agency

Romantic Suspense
Editor – Deb Werskman, Sourcebooks
Agent – Elaine English

Contemporary Long/Single Title
Editor – Katherine N. Pelz, The Berkley Publishing Group
Agent – Paige Wheeler, Folio Literary Management

Series Contemporary
Editor - Harlequin Johanna Raisanen, Associate Editor, Harlequin
Editor - Leanne Morgena, Senior Editor, Sweetheart Rose, The Wild Rose Press


 
Phoenix Rattler. Deadline September 1. Electronic. Entry:  10 pages plus 100-word synopsis; required synopsis does not count in page total; formatting guidelines and contest rules available on contest web pages. Completed manuscript not required to enter this contest.GRAND PRIZE:2013 ACFW Conference ‘paid’ registration. 

FINAL ROUND JUDGES:
Karen Schurrer...Bethany House
Joyce Hart...Hartline Literary Agency
Sue Brower...Zondervan
Elizabeth Mazer...Harlequin
Amanda Luedeke...MacGregor Literary Agency
Amanda Bostic...Thomas Nelson
Sandra Bishop...MacGregor Literary
Tamela Hancock Murray...Steve Laube Agency
Terry Burns...Hartline Literary Agency
Nicola Martinez...Harbourlight/Penquin
Melissa Jeglinski...The Knight Agency
Nicole Rescuniti...The Seymour Agency
MarySue Seymour...The Seymour Agency
Michelle Grajkowski...Three Seas Literary Agency





Melody of Love. Deadline September 5. Electronic. Author can be published, including in the category entered. Manuscript being entered cannot have been published and cannot be currently contracted to be published via any means at any time, including self or subsidy publishing. Entry: first 25 (or fewer) pages, no synopsis, emailed to contest coordinator as an attachment.  (Note: finalists may need to provide a short synopsis at the request of the final round judges.)
 

Contemporary – Libby Murphy, Entangled Publishing

Paranormal – Dana Hamilton, Harlequin Nocturne

Historical – Debra Dixon, BelleBooks

YA – Kristin Daly Rens, Balzer & Bray/Harper Collins




Miscellaneous Contests




  Deadline is August 31 for the...Wow! Women on Writing Summer 2012 Flash Fiction Contest.

Word Count:
Maximum: 750, Minimum: 250 OPEN PROMPT! Open to all styles of writing, although we do encourage you to take a close look at our guest judge for the season if you are serious about winning. We love creativity, originality, and light-hearted reads. That's not to say that the guest judge will feel the same... so go wild! Express yourself, and most of all, have some fun!  Entries limited to a maximum of 300 stories. Please enter early to ensure inclusion. The winner not only gets cash and goodies but an agent read! The guest agent judge is Maria Lamba.

 FamilyFiction CREATE Romance Short-Short Fiction Competition is now accepting Submissions. Deadline July 31st 2012. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced in the November 20 issue of FamilyFiction Weekly. Submit an original short (1000 words or less) romance story  along with their twenty-five dollar ($25.00) entry fee.  Entrants may enter as many times as they choose, as long as a separate entry form is used for each story entered, and a separate entry fee is paid. Check out the prize info here.



2012 Family Circle Fiction Contest. Contest begins March 1, 2012, and ends September 7, 2012. Entries must be postmarked on or before September 7, 2012, and received by September 14,2012.Submit an original (written by entrant), fiction short story of no more than 2,500 words. Entries must be unpublished and may not have won any prize or award. Cash prizes.



 
The Fifth Annual, Real Simple, Life Lessons Essay Contest.


When did you first understand the meaning of love?
Maybe you were a child, witnessing a generous act by your father or mother. Maybe the lesson came later, as you grappled with the challenges of being a friend, a spouse, or a parent yourself. Whatever made you understand love—and yourself—better, tell us about it.

Enter Real Simple’s Fifth Annual Life Lessons Essay Contest and you could:
  • Have your essay published in Real Simple
  • Win round-trip tickets for two to New York City, hotel accommodations for two nights, tickets to a Broadway play, and a lunch with Real Simple editors
  • Receive a prize of $3,000

To enter, send your typed, double-spaced submission (1,500 words maximum, preferably in a Microsoft Word document) to lifelessons@realsimple.com. Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on May 12, 2012, and runs through 11:50 p.m. EST on September 13, 2012. All submitted essays must be nonfiction. Open to legal residents of the United States age 19 or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. (Entries will not be returned.) Click here to see complete contest rules.



That's it! Now go forth and contest!

67 comments:

Helen Gray said...

Come and get it. Coffee line forms to the right.

Registered for conference, room reserved, roommate located, and car pooling arranged with Carol, Ruth, and Tracie!!! Dallas, here we come.

Helen

Tina Pinson said...

Lots of contest. thanks again for an awesome list and ideas to think about and maybe try. I kind of like that When I first Learned about love one. Hmm

I will not be going to conference this year either. Bummer. But that's the way it goes.

Maybe next year.

Dawn said...

I was in Dallas last week for Mary Kay Seminar. :)

I'll have to look into some of these contests.

I'd love to be entered to win one of ths SEeker's published books. My book choice at the moment is Mary Connealy's Over the Edge. I'm dying to read Seth's story!

Jan Drexler said...

Last year, I told myself, "Next year in Dallas!", and I'll be in Dallas in September, Lord willing!!!

There are some great contests in this list. I hope we have some Seekerville friends ready to take the plunge!

BTW Tina - my plane to Dallas connects in Denver. You can deliver my See's truffles there :)

Marianne said...

not a writer, so not going to conference. i'd love to go to some of the things going on for bloggers and readers across the continent, but that's not an option for me. Have fun, you gals and guys!

Melissa Jagears said...

Grand Central Publishing is judging inspirational in the Beacon? Quick Amazon search says that's Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson's publisher. They're looking for inspirational?

And if you're debating on contests, I recommend the Phoenix Rattler. great scoresheet comments from published authors, one of my crit partner's won his category last year. The feedback from that one (the one thing in my MS that bothered judges which no one had pointed out before) I believe was mostly responsible for me winning the next contest. The scores shot way up after I nixed a few words.

Melissa Jagears said...

Um, is a OOP book that's available on kindle considered currently available? If so, I'm going to pretend I won't be in Dallas.

Carol Moncado said...

Chick-fil-A all around for breakfast.

If anyone doesn't want the little biscuit thing their Chick-n-minis comes with let me know [yum. my. nuggets with these super little biscuit things.]

I've opened two windows to look at tomorrow. My brain is fried now. We went midnight tax free weekend shopping [rather than fighting crowds and cranky kids at 8am] and DH needed clothes clean [and dried] so I'm waiting on the dryer.

Jessica Keller Koschnitzky won the grand prize Rattler this year and is my roomie!!! :D

Unfortunately, both contests I'd like to possibly enter have 8/31 deadlines and I don't know that I'll have contest cash before then :(. We'll see where things are at when we get closer to the end of August.

Now... back to edits for a bit longer until the stupid dryer is done. Here's praying my kids will cooperate tomorrow morning and let me sleep in some...

Carol Moncado said...

Helen - will you be at our meeting this month? Hoping at least you and Ruth will be and we can make plans. Don't know if Tracey will be or not...

YAY for carpooling :D.

Virginia Carmichael Munoz said...

Now, is it just me or are more and more contests openng to published authors? I swear I didn't see that a few years ago.

Man, my eyeballs are tired. But had to come to Seekerville!!

Ganise said...

Aww. Helen, you know I think I will take that coffee today!

My best to those who are competitioning... and Dallas, those of us not attending will be wanting to hear about it!

Please enter me in the giveaway. Thanks and a good day to you all.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Breakfast burrito for moi!!!!

Yes, more contests open to published authors. With self publishing taking off contests have to adapt or die.

Rose said...

I'm all registered for the conference in Dallas, I just need to make my flight reservation.

I entered two stories in the Family Fiction contest. They are posted on their website if anyone wants to look for them, read them and vote! The titles are For Love and Country and Loves Flame.

Julie Hilton Steele said...

Sniff, I won't be at conference this year because I am returning from Switzerland the day it starts. I should have just changed my ticket to Geneva to Dallas. But that costs $!

But it is in Atlanta next year, right?

Thanks for the prayers yesterday. My pain is still awful but managable. It will take a few weeks for the meds to help so please keep the prayers coming. I am hoping to get back to writing next week. So please pray for that as well.

Peace, Julie

Tina Radcliffe said...

Poor Julie has to go to Switzerland. Sniff. Toblerone!!!! Yes!!!

Tina Radcliffe said...

Wow, Rose! Two entries. Good for you!
Will go vote.

Janet Dean said...

Awesome contest opportunities today! Thanks for sharing the list, Tina!

Great coffee, Helen!

Julie, relieved you're managing the pain. Will continue to pray for you. Hang in.

Looking forward to seeing those going to ACFW! Yay!!

Janet

Tina Radcliffe said...

I had my coffee and figured out what OOP was. Yes, OOP on Kindle is good.

You made my brain hurt, Melissa.

Debra E. Marvin said...

oh My! the Rattler contest is growing. Hooray! Look at that list of judges!

See's Chocolate might just convince me to go to Dallas.

Sandra Leesmith said...

Morning fellow writers, readers and Seekers.

Love contest news. Whew how exciting is that?

And Sees Candy Tina. Really? Are you going to ACFW? wooo hooooo. But can you go via Phoenix and drop off the Sees my way? sigh. I love Sees Candy.

Best wishes all of you who enter the contests.

Kav said...

Great line up of contests! Thanks for doing the research for us. The whole synopsis thing has my knickers in a twist though. that's my next hurdle.

Sandra Leesmith said...

yes Debra, you MUST go to Dallas. smile

Mary Curry said...

Wow, I'm tempted to go to Dallas just for the See's chocolate. I keep hearing about this amazing chocolate but have never tasted it.

No contesting for me right now. Must.Finish.Some.Books first.

Jeanne T said...

Tina, I always love when you ladies open the contest vault. You make it so easy to consider entering. Now that I'm re-writing my first chapter, I may just enter one. Who knows, maybe I'll get brave and enter the Phoenix Rattler. (biting my nails at the thought).

I'll be in Dallas. I hope I get to meet some of you ladies! Sees Chocolate sounds yummy.

Walt Mussell said...

Julie, RWA is in Atlanta next year, not ACFW.

Contests, gotta love them. The Rattler looks good. That contest is the first time I ever placed in anything and I got the call from Sandra on Christmas Eve while I was doing parking duty at my church.

I checked out the Family Fiction Romance story contest (the one with a July 31st deadline) and the deadline is apparently August 31st. I might have to do that one.

I'm always in the mood for a Seeker book. I even have my thoughts on which one I'm going to acquire next, whether I win or not. :-)

Sally Bradley said...

I'm planning on entering the new ACFW contest. First Impressions, I think. I'm working feverishly on my wip so I can enter it in Genesis next year, and I've been told First Impressions feedback will be back in time to let us incorporate that into our Genesis entries.

Melissa, thanks for bringing up the Phoenix Rattler. The grand prize makes it very tempting. :) Especially since I haven't been able to attend conference for a number of years. I'm saving away for next year, though.

Joanne Sher said...

Wow - a TON of contests! And I want the See's - though I'm not going to Dallas :(

Brenda Anderson said...

I'm all signed up for Dallas! Can't wait! It would be even more fun to have a box of Sees Candy hand delivered. :)

The Phoenix Rattler contest does look very tempting. If I can get my Conference prep done, I'll definitely enter that. I'm also considering the First Impressions contest.

Thanks for the heads up on all the contests!

Missy Tippens said...

Tina, THANK YOU! You're amazing for compiling this every month.

Missy Tippens said...

Dawn, I'm a former Mary Kay consultant! I did it for about 8 years. Now I only order for me and two friends. I still love the products!

Lyndee said...

Thanks for the update, Tina. I need to get on a contest bandwagon. Several look good.

I will be in Dallas with 'bells on.' Although I'm still recovering from RWA! Really looking forward to meeting so many of you there.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Lyndee...I dreamt you sold last night. Seriously, I did. I forgot about the dream until I saw your name.

Tina Radcliffe said...

ooh, I forgot the First Impressions Contest. Bad Contest Diva. Will add it when I get home.

www.acfw.com/first_impressions/

Susan Anne Mason said...

Great line up of contests, as usual, Tina! Am checking out a couple!

Sadly,I won't be at the conference this September. Aiming for next year though! Will have to live vicariously through everyone else.

Cheers,
Sue

Jan Drexler said...

Next year's ACFW is in Indianapolis.

My new writing bud and neighbor, Jennifer Rogers Spinola, and I are planning to road-trip it! Now that I have Dallas paid for, I'm saving for Indy :)

Lyndee said...

Tina, you just took my breath away!

Casey said...

I'm going to the conference!!

How many Seekers are going??

I was going to say I wasn't going to enter anymore contests right now with life being so absolutely crazy, but I do think I'll enter the Rattler. I'd planned on that one, just not quite so soon!

Helen Gray said...

Wow! I was considering the Rattler, but it sounds like that's the one everybody has their eye on. Tough competition!

The Beacon and First Impressions also sound interesting.

Carol, plan to attend a Stained Glass Theater performance Friday night and the meeting Saturday. Getting concerned about my daughter. Last time we came for a play, she was the nasty prison matron in The Hiding Place. Now they're doing Elijah. So what role is she doing? Jezebel! There seems to be a pattern developing here.

Helen

Jamie Adams said...

Wow so many contest! I'd like to read about them but right now my eyeballs hurt. I've been editing, editing and more editing. I queried an editor on Tuesday and on Wednesday she asked for the full. I wasn't ready for her to come back so fast. But it's all good now. When the swelling goes down (a bit over dramatic there) I'm going to read all the seekerville post I missed this week.

Ruth Logan Herne said...

Ah, coffee!!! Helen, you read my mind! Thank you, my friend!

And Tina's right about adaptablility. It's kind of true across the board... New things, new horizons, new opportunities...

But that all spells CHANGE... so everything must adapt.

Or fade into the sunset. Very old Western, with a tip of his hat.

I love contest updates. I quietly crashed and burned in every contest I entered this year, but the broad spectrum of readers makes me happy.

Ya gotta take chances on both sides of the publishing divide. I'm okay with that.

Mostly because Magnum Ice Cream Bars were 2/5.00 (packs of THREE bars of deliciousness) this week... and I had a $1.50 coupon off two boxes. So SIX AMAZING WAYS TO DROWN MY SORROWS for $3.50...

And I had four coupons... eight boxes Dave brought me... 24 solace moments.

:)

It's all about the chocolate!

Mary Curry said...

Tina, I just checked. You're fine not including ACFW's First Impressions. This is the info on the page -

DEADLINES: The contest will begin October 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM central time. All contest entries and contest fees must be received by 5:00 PM central time on November 15, 2012.


Ruthy, you like to share, don't you?
I'll trade you my Yankee Belle recipe for your Magnum Bar.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Thanks, Mary Curry!!

See you online for that Cheryl St. John Class next week.

Myra Johnson said...

I'll be in Dallas, Casey! Looking forward to seeing you again! The only ACFW conference I haven't been to was the first one in KC.

Julie HS, I think you're thinking of RWA. They'll be in Atlanta next summer. Hope you have a great trip to Switzerland!

Julie Hilton Steele said...

My muddled brain! But I have never been in Indiana before. Will be looking forward to next year.

Tina, are you and Mary Curry in Cheryl's class too? I am going to know people rather than be an anonymous presence?

Peace, Julie

Carol Moncado said...

Working on edits and someone around here will know... [and yes I checked the guidelines ;)]

Can you have a dance in LIH? Where the h/h actually dance?

[It's not in the guidelines for LI either for whatever that's worth...]

Nancy C said...

Great info, Tina. I'm so glad to see some different editors/agents listed with some of these contests. And wow am I tempted to enter something with a cash prize. My writing coffer is well-nigh empty :-)

Good luck to all who enter contests!

And a belated thanks for the enjoyable post about the Seekers' other lives. Those were some fun pix.

Nancy C

Cara Lynn James said...

Love See's chocolates!

Thanks for all the information, Tina! You have resources (Tina's secrets) I've never heard of. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn said...

@ Missy I'm glad that you still love the Mary Kay products. The Night Solution remains my favorite as it has completely cleared up my acne scarring.


I've got a general question (or questions). How do you decide which contests to enter? I've got one novel completely written (though I'm sure it could use some editing and things like that) and other stories in various form of completion on my computer at home. Also are the writers' conferences only for published authors or can unpublished people attend them to learn more?

I know that I wouldn't be able to attend the conference in Dallas this year, but I may be able to file this info away for the future.

Ausjenny said...

The magnums sound nice. are they vanilla icecream with chocolate on them (we have them here) Thats a great deal.

Good luck to all entering the contests.

Nancy Kimball said...

These are my contest goals for the rest of the year:

Win Genesis :-p

Enter a new MS in the Rattler
AFTER cashing in my Michael Ehret contest prep package. ;-) I LOVE SEEKERVILLE!!!
(Rattler is a GREAT contest for feedback and the one I "placed fourth" in last year by missing finals by nine-tenths a point, LOL)Anyone with a non-romance MS should consider this contest as it is one of the few that isn't primarily romance.

Enter my local ACFW chapter's contest in the fall with that same MS and have the newest MS ready to start it's contest campaign in 2013.

I want to be entered for the box of chocolates please. I will eat them all post-gala in Dallas if I don't get to give my acceptance speech. After congratulating Terri or Kathy, my fellow Historical finalists, of course. =)

Piper Huguley said...

Hello all,

Tina this was a great listing and gave me a lot to think about. I will enter some of these contests, and hopefully, the feedback will help my work to improve. Seekerville is a great place to learn and grow. Thanks again!
Piper

Debby Giusti said...

Tina,
Thanks for the contest update! I need to get my books ready for the Laurel Wreath.

Hope we have lots of Seekervillagers enter the Phoenix Rattler. Great lineup of judges. Love the top prize of the ACFW Conference fees! WOW!!! Crossing fingers for everyone who enters.

Debby Giusti said...

Dawn, enter the contests where the final round judges are editors to whom you'd like to submit your story. Or agents you'd like to have respresent your work.

So if you're targeting Love Inspired, you'd enter contests where Elizabeth Mazer or Mellissa Endlich are the final round judges. That way if you final, your manuscript is on the desk of the editor at the house where you'd like to see your work published. The strategy works. That's how I got my first sale.

Good luck!

Debby Giusti said...

Carol, LI has recently allowed the h/h to dance. Okay?

Debby Giusti said...

Julie Steele,

How are you feeling today? Continuing to pray for your recovery.

Debby Giusti said...

Jamie...

A request for a full!!!

Whoo-hoo! That means a celebration. Grab some of the ice cream bars Ruthy brought.

I'm Snoopy dancin' in GA!!!

Keep us posted.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Way to go, Piper!!! Start with a 10 page contest and move up to the 25 page and then a 50 page. Then the GH and Genesis and world domination.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Nancy Kimball. I like the way you think!!!

Ganise said...

Random comment: hat off to Ruthy!! And all the moms of little ones out there!
Just spent a day with kids at camp.. drained...

I see things have been going on well, here.

:-)

Ausjenny said...

Thought I would share, I went to the dr yesterday. My hemoglobin is almost back to normal, the iron levels are still low but improving. All the other blood tests came back good. Its good to know I am doing better and I can feel it. I still tire easily but can sure feel a difference and I also dont have to drink 3 litres each day. Still have to drink but not the amount she said before (off course my dr is on holiday so she may say differently next time). I am going to try and drink at least 2 litres a day which is a huge improvement.
I am sure I am way on the way to being healthy again. its just on 5 weeks and last night it was after 9 that I went to bed. I was tired but not falling asleep in the chair like the previous days.

Tina Radcliffe said...

Hurrah! Jenny! Now start eating your spinach!

Janet Kerr said...

This an interesting list of contests.
I have my eye on several of the Seeker books!
Jan

Tina Radcliffe said...

I didn't answer Julie. Yes, Mary and I are also in that class. We can do recess together!!!

Jackie said...

Thanks for the list of contests. It's always so helpful to have the best list at my fingertips.

I am going to conference. It's my first writing conference, and I'm really excited. And nervous.

Have a great weekend!

Jackie L.

Laura McClellan said...

You folks provide so much information -- so generous, but a little overwhelming. I keep thinking I should enter a contest, but I'm still working on finishing my first manuscript, so I guess I'm not quite ready.

I'll be at ACFW in Dallas -- I'm a local, but still will be staying at the hotel so I don't miss a thing! I hope to meet lots of you there.

Laura

Shelia Hall said...

I'm not attending the conference but would love to win a book

Tina Radcliffe said...

I'll be looking for both Laura and Jackie at ACFW.

It is overwhelming Laura. How do you swallow an elephant? One bite at a time. :)