Friday, August 17, 2012

Welcome our guests Kathleen Kovach and Paula Moldenhauer

(Apologies to Doublemint Gum for stealing their jingle)

Kathleen Kovach
As I write this, the 2012 Olympics are underway. I’m not sporty by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy watching certain events and cheer for people I’ve never heard of simply because they are Americans.

One such sport that has caught my attention is Beach Volleyball. Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor have captured America’s hearts as the greatest beach volleyball team of all time. These women are phenomenal as they seem to share a brain, often anticipating each other’s moves. What these women do on the court, authors who collaborate well do on the written page.

For the longest time, I wore an invisible note pinned to my shirt that read: DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS. I have what some may call control issues when it comes to my writing. I’ve tried collaborating before, but it just resulted in tears. Okay, I was twelve, but still. . .

Paula Moldenhauer
Enter Paula Moldenhauer some years later and all of a sudden I had a partner. It went something like this: One drizzly evening on the way home from a writing event, we began talking about the Titanic. It tugged at both of us, and so the natural next step was, “Hey, let’s write about it!” Um, yeah. Do you not see this note pinned to my shirt? But, because I’ve known Paula for ten years, and have come to trust her immensely, I decided to lay my writer heart down for the sake of a co-written book.

We bounced around a few ideas, and eventually took it to our critique group. They helped us hone the idea until we had a workable diving board to jump from. Oops, I was talking about volley ball. Hmm…I got nothin’.

The next step after what we were going to write was how were we going to write it. Neither of us had ever shared our talents in this way, so we were beginning to tread new waters—hopefully not icy waters. The kind that could sink a ship. At first, the idea was to split the two contemporary characters, Paula writing Ember and me writing Jeff. Then Paula would also write the historical-- just some brief snippets of life on the Titanic. When the historical character, Olive Stanford, started demanding her story be told in detail, we realized we were writing a bigger book than planned. I took over Ember’s character and continued to write Jeff’s point of view. This also solved another problem. These two were beginning to drift toward one another as we had planned, but with her writing the female pov and me the male pov…well, let’s just say it got a little awkward.

Click Here to Buy
I gotta say, for me the ideal collaboration is when the two parties are writing two different stories. Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal is a contemporary with a historical frame. Paula lost herself on the Titanic while my characters reacted to what she wrote. When we were both writing the contemporary portion, neither of us were able to think too far ahead. Normally, when I’m writing, even though I’m a plotter, I love when the story takes a turn to which I must adjust. (I’ve always said I’m a seat-of-the-plotser writer.) But if the turn is created by your writing partner, that throws a whole different spin on the go-with-the-flow method of writing. Even so, we love and respect each other so much, there was rarely a tug of war with the story. Paula puts it this way: “The story brought out our strengths. Kathy loves to plot while I tend to do a really rough skeleton and fly by the seat of my pants. We plotted carefully at first. I learned a lot, though I kept teasing Kathy saying, ‘Can we start writing now?’ But our writing styles and personalities blend very well. We’re both pretty easy going and have similar passions, so most of the time we found collaboration only strengthened our original thoughts.”

So, here are my tips for collaboration with your best friend and avoid becoming mortal enemies:

1. Pray together often. Pray for open hearts and minds. Pray for mutual direction. Pray that God take your story and run with it, because it’s His anyway.

2. No book is worth losing a friendship. Respect your partner. Paula and I had different goals for Ember. Since Paula began writing this character from the get-go, she knew her better than I did. I backed off and let her guide me in that part of the story. By the same token, I had fallen in love with one of her historical characters. Occasionally I would express how I felt Charles would act or feel.

3. Atmosphere is everything. Find a cozy and fun place in which to work. We sat in Daz Bog coffee shop for the first few months of writing. Then, we had to adjust and meet at my house due to a schedule change. Fortunately, my house is cozy and fun. Just sayin’.

4. Divide responsibility. We both know and respect our strengths and weaknesses. Paula has a nose for marketing; I have an odd fascination with organization. Once the book was written, I took on the task of formatting, turning it into an eBook and a print book. I watch the administrative stuff, printing our sales and balancing our checkbook. She puts herself out there and contacts people (like Mary Connealy and Seekerville) to market the book. As a side note, we decided to become a business to handle sales of Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal and any future works we may do together. It just seemed the easiest way to keep everything even. Together we are PK Publishing, LTD.

5. As Misty May-Treanor put it so eloquently upon their third and final gold medal win: Believe in each other, believe in your capabilities, believe in your goal. Remember Ecclesiastes 4:9, 12, “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three (in our case, adding God) are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken”  (NLT).

For an example of how our two brains act as one, go to and read how and why we decided to share our hearts without Christian verbiage. That article is a 50/50 presentation, written by both of us. It might be fun to try to figure out who wrote what.

Kathleen and Paula are giving away one ebook copy of Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal. Leave a comment to get your name in the drawing. Or buy it HERE

Kathleen E. Kovach lives in northeast Colorado where she leads a critique group and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, serving as Rocky Mountain Zone Director. With a passion for movies, she has created Craft Cinema ( where she discusses movies through the craft of fiction. An award winning author of Christian romance, she presents spiritual truths with a giggle, proving herself as one of God's peculiar people. Visit her at

Paula Moldenhauer is an author, speaker, and mom of four, Paula Moldenhauer has published over 300 times. Her first two novels release in 2012. She serves as Colorado Coordinator for the American Christian Fiction Writers and homeschools. Paula loves peppermint ice cream and walking barefoot. Her greatest desire is to be close enough to Jesus to breathe His fragrance. Visit for devotionals, parenting articles and book info.
For fun info and to order Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal please visit


A secret. A key. Much was buried when the RMS Titanic went down, but now it's time for resurrection.
April 1912 - Olive Stanford boarded the Titanic determined to protect all she held dear. Her secret will go with her to the grave—but how can she face the afterlife carrying the burden of her actions?
April 2012 - Portland real estate agent, Ember Keaton-Jones distrusts men, with good reason. Ever since her great-great-grandfather, Thomas, deserted the family after the fateful sinking of the Titanic, every Keaton male has disappointed. Ember is on the brink of a huge sale when a stranger shows up with a key to a century-old secret challenging everything she believes. She meets forward-thinking Jeff Dawson who is working in the family’s musty antique shop and finds an unexpected ally in unlocking the mystery of her past. But can they undo the legacy of Thomas Keaton's betrayal?
Carefully researched, this engaging tale includes true stories of the Titanic embedded in historical fiction.


Natalie Monk said...

I've often pondered the pros and cons of co-writing. It's so helpful to have these tips from someone who has made it work. Thanks, ladies!!!

Melissa Jagears said...

I just don't think I could co-write! I'm way too fussy and hard on myself that I'd probably drive the other author CRAZY by being just as hard on them. Glad you kept your friendship, that would be my other worry, I don't have enough friends to scare any away if I can help it! :)

Virginia Carmichael Munoz said...

WOW! I love this!!

First, I totally identify with the 'doesn't play well with others'... but I think that's only until you reach a trust factor sufficient to hold up the project. And you two have that.

Book looks great! I really enjoy combo stories of historical and contemporary. :)

And that quote of the three strands... My college roomie gave me that written on a beautiful plaque when I graduated. It sort of stood for all those years we presented a united front. :)

Virginia Carmichael Munoz said...

Pshaw, Melissa.

Some friends are like glitter in the carpet. You can't get rid of them if you try.

Bridgett Henson said...

Your book sounds very intriguing. Please enter me in the contest.

As for a joint book effort? My writing hasn't reached that maturity level yet. Maybe someday.

Jackie said...

This summer I had dinner with three of my writing friends and we hit upon an idea for a book. Before we discussed breaking it up into 4 stories and make it a novella.
Each time we've gotten together to discuss how the stories weave together, we have a blast.
I think writing a story together would be a lot of fun if you had the right partner.
Thanks for sharing!
Jackie L

Tina Radcliffe said...

Welcome to Seekerville LADIES!!!

this is totally an exciting book premise!

And a shout out to a fellow Coloradoan!!!!!

Tina Radcliffe said...

"Some friends are like glitter in the carpet. You can't get rid of them if you try."

Oh I like this!!!!

pol said...

Welcome Ladies , I am the reader in the bunch here at seekerville, I enjoyed reading your comments on two friends writing and still friends when all is said and done. your rules could pertain to life also, and liked the referral to ecclaiasties and also the triple braid and strength. Good luck with this book and future ones. The story sounds like a good read and I will watch for it, I am not an ereader so dont put me in drawing, I am still old fashion enough to want to hold book in hands.
Paula O(

Missy Tippens said...

Welcome, ladies! Thanks for sharing about your collaboration. I think it would be so fun to write a book with a friend! I've always thought it would be great to have one do the male pov and one do the female pov in a romance novel. That way you'd have characters truly reacting to what the other character does!

Glynna Kaye said...

Good Morning, Kathleen & Paula! It sounds as if the two of you are perfect partners and the book sounds fascinating!

I've written a book for a continuity series with 5 other authors, but have never attempted to share the writing of a single book. I'm afraid I might get Kathleen's once-upon-a-time "Doesn't Play Well With Others" label should I attempt it! :)

That said, I do know that mystery author Sparkle Abbey is actually TWO authors--Mary Lee Woods and Anita Carter. What intrigued me is that because the expectation for authors nowadays is at least two books a year they've found a perfect solution to keep the books coming for their mystery series. Each writes ONE book in the series each year so they can keep life's other demands in better balance. I MIGHT be able to do it that way!

Thank you for sharing this. Just like marriage and finding an agent, it's clear that the "match" needs to be made in heaven for it to work so well!

Audra Harders said...

Ladies, and fellow Coloradoans, welcome to Seekerville!

What a fascinating premise and plot. I love the mystery surrounding the Titanic and know there are MANY others like me out there.

Gorgeous cover, too.

I give you so much credit for attempting and succeeding in co-authoring a book. Knowing how close a friendship you have, I'll bet it was a joyful and trying journey : )

Thanks for sharing!

Glynna Kaye said...

I've always loved parallel stories--ones that mingle the past with the present. Please tell us about the resarch you had to do to bring the past alive!

Sandra Leesmith said...

Good morning Kathleen and Paula. Welcome to Seekerville.

What a wonderful journey you have been on. I love your quote as have found it to be true in other situations.

Wow I didn't know there was more to tell about the Titanic. What an intriguing story idea. Like Virginia, I love the two periods of time in the same book.

Have a fun day.

Sandra Leesmith said...

Virginia, Like Tina, I love your quote about the glitter. Can I use it sometime? smile

Jeanne T said...

I love hearing from other Coloradoans. It was fun to read your story. I'd never heard of dividing up the writing of the characters in co-authoring a book. I have much to learn on this writing journey. :)

I am going to have to get your book now to see how you made it work. :) Thanks for sharing how you made this work!

Debby Giusti said...

Kathleen and Paula,

Thanks for being with us on Seekerville today and for the great insight into working together. Do you actually write together? So when you meet, you're creating fresh pages? Or are you reviewing and editing completed work?

Your story sounds fascinating! Love anything to do with the Titanic. I saw the traveling display of artifacts in Memphis and was so moved by what had been retrieved from the ship. Watched the old, old flick when I was a child, which made the story come alive. I still get chills thinking about what happened.

The "new" release brought back all my childhood angst! When they hit the iceberg...oh my gosh! I'm ready to don my life vest and head for the lifeboats.

Deb said...

I Like the part about praying together, I think that is the key. My husband always says little prayer a little power, a little more prayer a little more power, a lot of prayer a lot of power.

Jan Drexler said...

Welcome to Seekerville, Kathleen and Paula!

I've always wondered how two writers could collaborate - it sounds like you have it figured out.

I'll be looking forward to reading your book :)

Sally Bradley said...

Glitter in the carpet . . . wow, that will be running through my head all day. Great line.

I don't know, either, if I could co-author. But it made more sense when Kathleen said one did the historical aspect and the other did the contemporary. Now that I could see working.

In my current WIP, I have a character who writes blog posts. She's a writer, but I want her to sound different than me. I've actually thought about taking the things she writes to writer friends and seeing if they'd be willing to do it in their voice. So maybe I'm a tad braver than I thought?

Debby Giusti said...

Deb, I'm all for a LOT of prayer power!

Also love Virginia's carpet with glitter. That stuff is so pesky! Perfect analogy.

Virginia Carmichael Munoz said...

Sandra and Tina, I used to work as a children's librarian. I learned really quickly not to use glitter on the inside crafts. The janitor hated me.

Yes, use away!

Renee (SteelerGirl83) said...

I've always wondered about how the writing process differs when two people collaborate on a story from just one person writing. I guess another person would make research easier but putting everything down on paper and getting ideas for characters to mess might be more difficult. Thank you ladies for sharing. :-)

xoxo~ Renee C.

Kathy Kovach... said...

Hey Seekers! Thank you for hosting us! I'm a night owl, which means as I'm writing this I'm eating breakfast--and it's 11:30. I'm so pleased to see so many already commenting. I hope Paula will be able to join in. She has a busy schedule today. I'll read through the posts and comment to the best of my abilities. But I wanted to poke my head in and say howdy so you all know I'm here. Howdy!

Cara Lynn James said...

The book sounds wonderful! I'm fascinated that the two of us got along so well and were able to coordinate such a major project. Kudos, ladies!

Brandi Boddie said...

Hi, ladies! Right now I'm pointing at the screen saying, "I know them!" Lol! Glad to see Colorado locals from ACFW :-)

Anyway, thanks for the tips on how to collaborate. My husband and I want to work on a book together one day. You've given me things to think about.

Have a great weekend!

Andrea Strong said...

I think I'm one of those carpet glitter friends. Melissa moved to another state, and I still show up on her doorstep once a year. ;)

I really enjoyed the look at a successful collaboration. It's an interesting idea.

I love the concept for the story, and I would love to win a copy.

andeemarie95 at gmail dot com

Mary Connealy said...

What a great idea to get a Titanic book written on the anniversary of it's disaster.
I'm glad you get it done and available. Good for you. It sounds like a wonderful story and the co-authoring, you should teach a class on it because it's a bit mystifying.

Kathy Kovach... said...

Mary, we definitely pushed to get this done in time for the anniversary. It even went live on Amazon on April 14, exactly one hundred years after the Titanic hit the iceberg.

So, the collaborating thing. I read the glitter quote to Paula while she was driving home from an appointment and she loved it. (So do I!) Of course, we both love sparkly things. Glynna Kyle said it perfectly. "'s clear that the 'match' needs to be made in heaven for it to work so well!" That's how we both feel. God has brought us together in so many aspects of our lives: we critique together, pray together, run our local ACFW together, speak together, it only stands to reason that we would write together. Virginia Carmichael Munoz mentioned the trust factor. Oh, yes! And it's because we've been so connected in other aspects of our lives that we were able to connect in this project, as well. Oh, we've also done a novella anthology together (with two other authors!) My story is #3 and hers is #4, and what was so fun was that one of her characters showed up in my story, right out of the blue! My character opened the door and there he stood. Paula and I were both excited about that. Postmark: Christmas will be out in September. You can preorder at

Debby Giusti asked some great questions:
1. "Do you actually write together...creating fresh pages? Or are you reviewing and editing completed work? ?" In the beginning, we did most of our writing together. This was to plot out the story and write a few scenes to lay the foundation. We met once a week at Daz Bog coffee shop (I could literally take a spa bath in their White Russion Chai.) Then, as we became more comfortable with our characters, we wrote at home and would get together to discuss the progression of the story and critique each other's work. Once we split our responsibilities between contemporary and historical, working alone at home worked well.

Missy Tippens mentioned the male and female pov. got weird. I can see it working for husband and wife teams like Cheryl and Mel Hodde who write as Hanna Alexander or Janet and Ron Benrey, but for two of the same got weird.

I love what Glynna Kaye shared about the authors who write under one name, but they individually write every other book. I gotta put that one on the back of the stove to simmer a while. Yeah, great concept.

Renee (SteelerGirl83) mentioned the research and how having another person would make it easier. I have to laugh because that statement is true for me but maybe not so much for Paula. I'm one of those authors who would rather live in my contemporary world and not dig into history. Paula, on the other hand, found that she loved the research. So, while I had a fairly light load, only having to figure out the antiquities angle (my hero's father owns an antique shop,) and the locale and all that goes with that (flora, fauna, roads, landmarks, etc.,) she had to dive into the icy waters and come up with all the great stories that surrounded the Titanic.

One final note on collaboration. We have an article titled "Draw All Men" for Amber Stockton's blog found at It's written by both of us, about 50/50, but with one voice. It might be fun to read that and see if you can figure out who wrote what. To make it harder, both of our thoughts are woven together to make a cohesive statement. To be clear, we didn't write it together, rather I pulled her words from some interview questions we had prepared and then added my own. What this article shows from the collaborating standpoint is that we really do share one brain.

Ruth Ann Dell said...

Hi Kathy. I think it's wonderful the way in which you and Paula have dovetailed your strengths to make a fantastic writing team.

I love books set in two time periods,so please enter me in the draw.

Kathy Kovach... said...

Some of you have asked about the research. I'm hoping Paula can pop in to address that one. I know she absolutely got lost in it, and had so many great stories that she wanted to include, but couldn't. The most fascinating thing she did was to tell these stories in the eyes of the main historical fictional character. So they don't read like, hey! here's some great research I've found and I just had to stick it in my story. She crafted it all so it became a part of the story, yet never lost its integrity.

Debby Giusti mentioned the traveling Titanic display. My hubs and I went to it when it came to Denver. I had seen movies on the Titanic, especially the latest DiCaprio/Winslet offering. But what created a fascination was, of all things, the movie made by Debby Reynolds, "The Unsinkable Mollie Brown." Horribly researched, it still intrigued me that this woman came from my neck of the woods. I've been to the Mollie Brown museum in Denver a couple of times, and learned enough to know that she hated being called Mollie, but always went by Margaret. And that she became an important part of elite society as a great philanthropist and was well respected in the community, unlike how the movie portrayed her. So, this was the springboard of my fascination with the Titanic.

Back to the Titanic traveling display. When you enter, you're given a boarding pass that's a replicate of what guests received. There's a name of a real person, and on the back of the pass, tells some interesting facts about what is known about that person. I took on the personna of Edith Corse Evans, a first class passenger, single, traveling with her aunt. My husband had the boarding pass of Charles Dahl, a third class passenger. Some interesting things happened as I took on her personna while moving through the display, which in some places resembled parts of the ship. I told Paula of my experience and she captured the whole thing in a scene as the contemporary heroine, Ember (Paula was writing her story at this point,) also visits a display. I won't take the time to tell what happened here, but if you read the story (wink) you'll get to see it and find out if either of these people survived. Everything Ember and two other characters, Cynthia and James, experiences was exactly what I had experienced.

Lyndee said...

Hi Kathy and Paula,
Interesting concept - team writing - especially how you did it. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Paula said...

Paula here. Excited to jump in. Don't know how long I'll last. It's been a weird summer. Evidently I suffered a minor brain injury on June 5th. I haven't been able to be at the computer much and am already experiencing minor symptoms just from reading through the comments, so I will have to comment quick and run . . .

Kathy answered most of the specific questions to us. I will pick up on the questions about historical research from Renee and Glynna. It was more consuming that I expected, and also more fun! I'm a bit of a big picture gal and the Titanic was an historical event, not just a time period so the research was slightly different than just setting a story in a time period. I had to have the details down surrounding the event as well as understand basics about the time period. I also had to understand the setting in more detail since the Titanic was a huge ship and famous. I had to be very specific.

I quit writing storyline until I'd read most of two books written in the time period by survivors. (If you want more on this visit the blog portion of and check out my references there.) This was invaluable. It helped me get a feel for the rhythm of speech in the era, a bigger picture understanding of the events and attitudes on Titanic, and some really great specific descriptions of people, rooms, and happenings. Once I absorbed this information I was ready to begin writing the story.

As I wrote I referred often to these two resources, but also googled specific questions and followed lots of bunny trails. Because my story was so connected to a specific timeline (the voyage/sinking of Titanic) I found I was writing and doing deeper research at the same time, often researching a day ahead of where I was writing. I suspect my subconscious was begging for information so it could begin putting my story into the next event even as I was writing about one that came first.

It's easy to spend a lot of time researching trivia. For example, big hats were big in 1912 in women's fashion. I wanted to describe them in one of my scenes with a socialite. The movie had women with big hats on and there are all kinds of places that sell "Titanic" hats for costumes. I spend some time enjoying pictures and formulating thoughts about how to describe all the women in their beautiful clothes.

But I felt uneasy for some reason and kept researching, finally coming upon a first-hand testimony by a survivor who complained that the women didn't wear hats like they did in the movie while on the ship. Needless to say party scene didn't include fancy hats. I wasted a several hours researching a small detail that I never used.

I especially loved researching some of the real people on Titanic and spend a lot of time reading differing accounts about both victims and survivors. I picked some of my favorite to develop more deeply. It was exciting to dig and dig and then suddenly come upon something not known by the mainstream that set the character apart. One of the most rewarding experiences surrounded Rev. Bob Bateman. I literally felt the Lord drop something wonderful in my lap that played a huge role in wrapping up my historical storyline, offering a Christian worldview without preaching. But shhh!! can't give it away. You'll have to read the book!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paula said...

Bridget, insightful comment about waiting to collaborate until your writing as reached a certain maturity. I would NOT recommend collaborating until you have become very secure in your OWN voice and have mastered craft (well, do we ever completely master craft? You know what I mean.)

LOVED the glitter thing, Virginia!

Hi Brandi! (wink)

Hey you other Colorado folks . . . we need to talk about establishing local acfw chapters and how you can plug in! lol

Kathy Kovach... said...

Way to multitask, Paula! lol

I'd like to address something Sally Bradley said. "In my current WIP, I have a character who writes blog posts. She's a writer, but I want her to sound different than me. I've actually thought about taking the things she writes to writer friends and seeing if they'd be willing to do it in their voice." Here's what I love about being a fiction author. I get to act. I love acting, used to do it before my extreme short-term memory loss brought on by post-menopause. Just kidding...sort of. I can't seem to memorize a thing anymore. So, I get to act on the page. Paula also has the acting bug, and she's much better at it than I am. I know she used those particular chops to give the historical character, Olive Stanford, a unique voice. Ember, a young professional woman, also has a different voice than some of Paula's other characters that I've read. In fact, her character in Postmark: Christmas (due out in September--another shameless plug) is an older woman with spunk. If you read these three characters side by side, you'd never know the same person wrote them.

So, my advice to Sally and others who want to give their characters unique voices is to become that character on the page just as you would on the stage. Step into the role, and if she sounds too much like the author, she probably needs to sit down with you and tell you her story in detail. Once you know what makes her tick, you'll hear inflections in her voice and lilts in her personality.

Amanda said...

What a great book the both of you have put together!! I love the Titanic and have read a ton of books on it, so would definitely love to read this one! And I think it's great that you co-wrote it! It sounds like a whole new writing experience!

Kathy Kovach... said...

For those wanting to buy Titanic: Legacy of Betrayal in print form, it is on sale at Amazon right now for $8.63, down from $11.99! And, it's also available in Kindle at $2.99 and the same price on Nook. If you visit, there are ordering links to each of these venues plus other fun stuff.

If any of you are interested in other blogs we've visited thus far, some featuring articles and some are interviews or reviews, please hop over to my blog for links.

Nancy C said...

I wrote a couple of collaborations on very, very short non-romance stories (did I mention they were short?) The other writer and I each wrote a section from a different POV. We discussed where we wanted the stories to go, but it was up to each of us how the story got there.

Another time we did the same thing (each wrote two sections) and tried our best to write like the other ... and then asked readers to guess who had written each section. Much to our consternation, they knew which of us had written which section. Then we realized that was a good thing because even when we tried not to sound like ourselves, we did. Hmm. Do you know what I mean by that? :-)

Congratulations on your achievement, ladies. And thank you for sharing/explaining your process.

And Paula, please do take care of yourself.

Nancy C

Janet Kerr said...

I have thought about co-writing. Thanks for the helpful tips.

Kathy Kovach... said...

Well, it's still Friday here in Colorado. So I thought I'd address what Nancy C said. We have a wonderful critique group of 6ish people, (some come and go but 6 is the core group.) I mentioned above that Paula and I both wrote the contemporary character. In fact, we made the switch over in the middle of a scene. Our group couldn't tell where Paula ended and I began. That was so cool! Of course, Jeff, the hero, is all mine and definitely reflects my sense of humor.

Thanks so much, everyone. We had a great time hanging out with you. I pray blessings on every talent represented here (whether you believe you have a talent or not.)

Jo Huddleston said...

I've coauthored with someone who lives a few hundred miles away. We had a ball. It was a lot of back and forth, but worth it. Thank goodness for email!
I think the Titanic movie glamorized the story for us, but I enjoyed it. I would love to read this book for their take on it with their plot.

Shelia Hall said...

your first rule is the best!Always pray for each other

Julie Lessman said...

SOOOOOO sorry I am late on stopping by, but WHOA, Cath and Paula, let me just say that my respect for both of you has gone through the ROOF!! You are WAY better women than me because I honestly do not think I could write a book with someone else, even a best friend. Have a feeling we would not be best friends for long ... ;)

Incredible concept -- sounds like an incredible book!!