|Tracy Sands (R) and Debby Giusti (L) at the|
launch party for THE CHRISTIAN ALPHABET BOOK.
I’m thrilled to welcome Tracy Sands to Seekerville today. Tracy is a talented artist who answered the Lord’s call to create something very special and became an author in the process. A faithful servant, Tracy has a huge heart for Jesus and for His children and is always ready to do as the Lord requests. I hope you’ll enjoy reading her story.
Tracy Sands taught art to elementary school children for ten years and often talks about the night that changed her life. “God gave me something I had never dreamed of having,” she said, her blue eyes twinkling and a warm smile spreading across her pretty face. “He gave me The Christian Alphabet.”
It all started in 1999 at a church choir performance. “I was sitting in the back pew, listening to the awesome Christian music, when an incredible urge to draw came over me. I had a pen, but no paper so I used the concert program, and in the white space, I sketched what the Lord was showing me. The ideas came so quickly that I felt like I would pop if I didn’t get everything down immediately."
“There are many layers to this unique alphabet," she said. "Every letter contains a special word that applies to our faith. A is for Always. B is for Believe. C is for Christ. In addition, each letter has an accompanying Bible verse, a prayer and a basic Christian lesson that includes activities for children. For example, G is for God and the lesson teaches why God created us and what our purpose is in life."
|The boys help mom at her mall kiosk.|
|Tracy and her husband (R) with business partner and|
publisher Matthew Hilger and his wife (L).
|Tracy with her proud parents (R) and brother and sister (L).|
The sign around her brother's neck reads: Brother of the
Author and Illustrator.
Ten things I learned while writing a book for God.
1. It is scary putting yourself/your work out there for all to see (and criticize). Remember you are writing for the Lord, NOT for glory to come to you, but to God be the glory.
2. You will feel unworthy, often thinking, “I can’t do this, Lord, why did you call me?” Then, He reminds you that you can do it WITH His help. He will do it through you. You can relax and be the vessel for God to use to pour out His love.
3. You can fight off this fear and doubt, which is not from God, by writing on your knees. (I did this often by spreading out the books and papers on my bed, so that I could write as I knelt.)
4. Pray before writing. Pray as you write. Pray when you are finished.
5. When you don’t know what to write, pray more. Read you Bible.
6. Ask people to pray for you. Ask a few holy people to help you when you are stuck on something. Pray with them too. (A friend gave me these words to help: “I will rip the fear from your heart and replace it with the surety of my love.” ~Jesus.) Talking about it helps you get things straight in your head so you can start writing again. Talking to God about it always helps. He may answer you with a Bible verse.
7. Keep a Bible handy at all times. Keep a Bible verse written out that helps you find peace and strength. (My verses changed, but a good one was “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” ~ Phil 4:13) Keep a tune in your head that fights off the fear and doubt. (My song was “Home,” by Philip Philips. “Don’t pay no mind to the demons. They fill you with fear.”)
8. Keep your ultimate/overall goal in mind and go back to it if you feel overwhelmed. Memorize a special Bible verse to go with it. My main verse was Romans 15:13. It is about “The God of hope who fills you with peace and believing…and being filled with the power of the Holy Spirit…”
9. God will provide the time to write and words to write--in HIS time. Be patient, faithful, and prayerful.
10. Perfection can be your enemy. You will never get it absolutely perfect. Only God is perfect. Typos will happen; there is always room for improvement. So relax. You are human; therefore, you are imperfect and trying to do your best for your Heavenly Father who loves you no matter what.
|The musical team who produced The Christian Alphabet Song|
available on The Christian Alphabet website.
Tracy is giving away a copy of THE CHRISTIAN ALPHABET today. Leave a comment, share how the Lord inspires your writing and/or share what you’ve learned along the way to be entered in the drawing.
A second drawing will be for a copy of THE GENERAL'S SECRETARY (Debby Giusti's January release from Love Inspired Suspense) and a ceramic "Be still and know that I Am God" plaque.
Since we’re counting down the days until Christmas, the breakfast buffet includes Stollen from Germany, Panettone from Italy, and Cranberry Scones from Great Britain. Enjoy!
Debby Giusti and Tracy Sands
Tracy Sands is from Peachtree City, Georgia, where she lives with her husband, Albert, and their three sons. Tracy taught art and “church school” to all ages for many years. She now spends her time caring for her active family and working on The Christian Alphabet™.
THE GENERAL'S SECRETARY
By Debby Giusti
Trusting the Wrong Person Can Be Deadly...
Lillie Beaumont's dark past has just turned up on her porch--fatally wounded. The dying words of the man imprisoned for killing Lillie's mother suggest hidden secrets. Criminal Investigations Division special agent
Timmons agrees. He has his own motive for seeking the truth, and it gives Lillie
every reason to doubt him. But even as they reluctantly begin to face painful
secrets together, Dawson
fears that a murderer is waiting to strike again. And this time, Lillie is
right in the line of fire... Dawson
THE GENERAL'S SECRETARY, by Debby Giusti, is available at Amazon.