Friday, July 1, 2016

Best of the Archives: I AM NOT...

AUDRA
JULIE
MARY
DEBBY
PAM
CARA
GLYNNA
SANDRA
MYRA
RUTH
JANET
MISSY

I am Tina.


Every single day in Seekerville I'm surrounded by a minimum of 12 talented writers (my Seeker Sisters). Yes, it can be easy to lose my identity, or let professional jealousy make me miserable.



Here's a few things I've learned about success.



1. Embrace the uniqueness of you. If you don't appreciate who you are, and what you offer before you sell, you won't be able to after you sell.


2. Never measure your success using another person's yardstick. You'll come up short every single time.


3. There's nothing wrong with professional envy. "Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him." - Thomas Carlyle


4. Appreciate God's timing in your life. We can't see the big picture in our lives, so why not just enjoy the ride?


5. Overnight success rarely is. Lasting success is achieved by hard work. You can't see behind the curtain so don't presume to know another person's journey.


6. "Jealousy is all the fun you think they had.” Erica Jong. Don't get bogged down in professional jealousy, it only hurts you.





And if you have time, stop by Jennifer Crusie's site and take her quiz-
 Green is Not Your Color: Professional Jealousy and the Professional Writer.

And go ahead and read her post. She says all the things I want to say...better than I could.






This post first appeared in Seekerville July 27, 2010. Comments are closed today so we can catch up on our reading and writing. Enjoy! 


And looks what's new from some of my friends!

This is your official buy link!