This contest hosted by Love Inspired Associate Editor, Elizabeth Mazer.
Read her post in Seekerville here.
Seekerville Love Inspired Read Me! Contest for Unpublished Writers
1. Contest opens at 12:01 AM EST, October 12, 2012 and ends at 12:01 AM EST, October 14, 2012.
2. This contest is open to unpublished writers (per RWA guidelines) 18 years of age and older.
3. Enter the first page and the last page of an unpublished and completed manuscript targeted at Love Inspired, Love Inspired Historical or Love Inspired Suspense. Guidelines and word count for Love Inspired lines are available at www.eharlequin.com
4. First round judging will be completed by the Seekers. No comments will be made on the entries and they will not be returned.
5. The top five finalists will be announced by Sunday, October 21, 2012 in the Weekend Edition.
6. The top five finalists will then go to Associate Editor Elizabeth Mazer for judging. The winner will be announced on Sunday, November 4, 2012 in the Weekend Edition.
7. The winner will have an opportunity to avoid the slush pile and submit his/her first three chapters and synopsis to Associate Editor Elizabeth Mazer by snail mail.
8. The remaining finalists will have an opportunity to submit the first five pages of their manuscripts to Seekerville for an anonymous critique.
9. All contest entrants must post a comment in Seekerville during the 24-hour contest. No drive-by contesting.
10. Submit your contest entry to the Contest@Seekerville.net in one email but as two separate attachments. Please use either a Word Document or Rich Text Format. If we are unable to open the attachment we will provide the author an opportunity to resubmit their entry by noon EST Monday, October 15, 2012.
11. In the subject line please write Seekerville Love Inspired Read Me Contest!
12. In the body of the email please supply the following information: Your legal name. Your writing name if different. Which Love Inspired Line you are targeting. Word Count of your completed manuscript. Title of your manuscript. Phone number for contact in case there are internet issues.
13. Submissions should be in Courier New 12 or New Times Roman 14 font.
14. In the header (left side) put your manuscript title / targeted Love Inspired Line. Example: MY SECRET LOVE/Love Inspired Suspense.
15. No identifying author information allowed anywhere on the submitted pages.
16. Manuscript page formatting should be no less than one inch margins, no more than 25 lines per page. You do not have to start 1/3 way down the page. Begin as close to the top of the page as possible. Double spaced only. It is assumed this is chapter one so do not waste space inserting a chapter header.
17. All questions should be directed to an email address set up specifically for contest questions. SeekerReadMe@aol.com (not case sensitive).
18. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries that do not observe these rules.
19. By submitting your entry to this contest you agree that Seekerville has no liability for any issues arising from your entry into this contest. You further agree that all decisions made by Seekerville regarding this contest are final. We cannot be responsible for any internet issues or lost entries. This contest is in no way affiliated with Harlequin Enterprises or Love Inspired Books.
If you do not receive a confirmation email please let us know at Seekers@Seekerville.net