When you sign up your name only will go on the Speedbo Wall of Fame and you'll get your own print out certificate and badge for your blog immediately.
You can sign up starting Saturday, February 16th, through March 31st by sending an email to seekers at seekerville dot net with your personal goal listed. Sharing your goal is only for accountability. Seekerville will not be sharing your goal with anyone.
When you sign up your name only will go on the Speedbo Wall of Fame (which will be posted on March 1) and you'll get your own print out certificate and badge for your blog immediately.
Additionally, participants who sign up by March 1st will be eligible to be entered in a drawing for a little extra incentive -one Speedbo Survival Pack to be given away for every 50 writers who sign up.
Remember you can still enter Speedbo after it begins. It's YOUR CHALLENGE. Own it!
Speedbo Primer for Beginners:
Like book-in-a-month, Speedbo in its purest form is a 31 day self-challenge where the writer puts aside the inner critic and produces manuscript pages with the ultimate goal of completing an entire book. No editing allowed.
Daily, weekly, monthly writing goals are maintained by the individual writer. You may share or not. Your choice.
Check in is not required, but only those who comment will be entered into the weekly drawings. All the action is here on the Seekerville blog. One easy location. No fees required.
Don't rule out Speedbo because you can't write nonstop for 31 days.Consider doing the Speedbo that fits your lifestyle:
- Become a weekend warrior for five weekends.
- Give up evening television for a month to write.
- Get a babysitter Saturday afternoons for a month so you can write.
- Get up one hour earlier for a month so you can write.
- Write during your lunch hour at work for a month.
- Writing, or revising? We don't care.
- Fiction,or non-fiction? Your call.
- No rules Just write.
Whatever you do, stretch yourself. Get out of your comfort zone. And consider joining the 1K1HR Facebook Group.
Besides the satisfaction of a job well done we're also offering writing prizes just like last year. Each week (for five weeks) you'll have the opportunity to win one of the following:
- First chapter critique -up to 20 pages
- First 5 pages critique
- One page synopsis critique
- Phone chat
- First page hook critique
All you have to do is comment! You have to tell us you want a particular prize or it goes back into the vault.
Additionally, the Yankee-Belle Cafe is gearing up to bring you easy recipes for the month of March.
For more Speedbo info see our Speedbo post here.
SEE YOU AT THE STARTING LINE!!
Week One Winners:
- First chapter critique by Tina Radcliffe -up to 20 pages-winner is Heather Marsden.
- First 5 pages critique by Cara Lynne James-winner is Piper Huguley
- One page synopsis critique by Missy Tippens -winner is Julie Hilton Steele
- Phone chat with Tina Radcliffe -winner is Leona
- First page hook critique by Sandra Leesmith -winner is Vince.
- The reader /cheerleader box of books winner is Edwina.
- First chapter critique by Myra Johnson & Debby Giusti -up to 20 pages-winners are Laurie Logan & Abbi Wilder.
- First 5 pages critique by Julie Lessman & Mary Connealy -winners are Clari Dees & Mary Vee.
- One page synopsis critique by Sandra Leesmith & Ruth Logan Herne -winners are Gail K. & Kav.
- Phone chat with Missy Tippens -winner is Donna P.
- First page hook critique by Glynna Kaye & Janet Dean -winners are Pepper Basham & Jodie Wolfe.
- The reader/cheerleader box of books winner is Pol.
- First chapter critique by Cara Lynn James-Winner is Susan Anne Mason
- First 5 pages critique by Sandra Leesmith-Winner is Tina Pinson
- One page synopsis critique by Glynna Kaye-Winner is Annie Rains
- Phone chat with Debby Giusti-Winner is DebH
- First page hook critique by Ruth Logan Herne-Winner is Becky Tidberg
- The reader/cheerleader box of books winner is Nancy Kimball
Week Four Winners
- First chapter critique -up to 20 pages-from Janet Dean-winner is Melissa Jagears.
- First 5 pages critique-by Missy Tippens-winner is Pepper Basham.
- One page synopsis critique-by Mary Connealy-winner is Helen Gray.
- Phone chat-with Ruth Logan Herne-winner is Julie Hilton Steele
- First page hook critique-from Debby Giusti-winner is Joanne Sher
- Reader/Cheerleader winner of a package of books is Marianne.
Week Five Winners
- First chapter critique -up to 20 pages by Audra Harders & Mary Connealy-winners are Marilyn Puett & Natalie Monk
- First 5 pages critique-by Tina Radcliffe & Ruth Logan Herne-winners are Anna W & Nancy C.
- One page synopsis critique-by Janet Dean & Tina Radcliffe -winners are Cindy Regnier & Elaine Manders.
- Phone chat-with Tina Radcliffe-winner is Pepper Basham.
- First page hook critique-by Julie Lessman & Tina Radcliffe-winners are Lyndee Henderson & Marcy Hanson.
- Reader/Cheerleader winner of a package of books is Mary Preston.