Monday, March 23, 2020

Regency Bingo!

Erica Here:

I am excited to bring you a fun reader event that I'm doing with my friends Michelle Griep and Julie Klassen.



To celebrate our latest releases, we're offering our friends and readers a chance to play Regency Bingo!


You might be wondering how to play Regency Bingo. It's not like traditional bingo, but hopefully, it will be just as fun!

Here's a video explaining how to play, deadlines, and what you can win!


I know the video goes by pretty fast, so here is the word list once more:


Email your choice of 16 of these words to RegencyBingoAuthors@gmail.com (Remember to include your first and last name as well!) before March 31st.

Three times per week, we'll post a video in the Regency Bingo 2020 Facebook group. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/225968175194967/

Watch the videos, check the drawn words against your list, and if you're the first one to get all sixteen of your words drawn, you have a bingo! You'll email RegencyBingoAuthors@gmail.com where my bright virtual assistant will check to see if you've won!

If you aren't the winner, don't despair. We're also playing Black Out Bingo, with a special bonus word, so watch all the videos and then email the bonus word to RegencyBingoAuthors@gmail.com (have I typed out that email address enough for one blog post?)



Six of those who email in the bonus word will be chosen at random to receive an autographed book from Michelle, Julie, and me.

If you have questions, feel free to post them in the comments, and I'll try to answer them!


Best-selling, award-winning author Erica Vetsch loves Jesus, history, romance, and sports. She’s a transplanted Kansan now living in Minnesota, and she is married to her total opposite and soul mate! When she’s not writing fiction, she’s planning her next trip to a history museum and cheering on her Kansas Jayhawks and New Zealand All Blacks. You can connect with her at her website, www.ericavetsch.com where you can read about her books and sign up for her newsletter, and you can find her online at https://www.facebook.com/EricaVetschAuthor/ where she spends way too much time!




Pre-order the first two books in the Serendipity & Secrets Series now!

The Lost Lieutenant

The Gentleman Spy 

25 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, Erica, Michelle and Julie! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruthy! We hope it will be fun for readers!

      Delete
  2. What A brilliant idea. Jane Austen would be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hopefully it turns out to be fun for the readers.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! It's such a unique idea - authors should take note of the perfection of your marketing: 1) Fun, 2) multiple authors, 3) Fun, 4) Easy to participate.

    And the word list is so much fun! But how will I be able to choose only sixteen of the words???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you should have seen us coming up with the words. I was so surprised. We each chose 16 on our own, came together, and we had only doubled up on two or three amongst us!

      Delete
  4. This looks like so much fun. I will definitely participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy the experience, and have much success! :)

      Delete
  5. What fun, Erica!! I'm so glad you shared this! I think it can help add some excitement to our days.

    I'm praying that you're all staying well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Missy, we're all well here. Daughter is home since school is closed, though she is supposed to call all her families every day M-F to check in. She's reading books on video to share with her littles, too.

      Delete
  6. By the way, we rented the new Emma movie to watch at home yesterday. So good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it yet, but the costumes look amazing!!!

      Delete
  7. What a clever idea, Erica! I have to admit, I couldn't imagine how one would play, but it makes total sense. Love it!

    Can't wait to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it all works out well. We shot the videos for it already, thankfully. That was so much fun though. We laughed a lot and I was the LEAST good at being on camera. Michelle and Julie are total naturals!

      Delete
  8. I love this, Erica! Nice to have some fun during this stressful time. Keep safe! Praying for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for you and yours, too, Debby! Hopefully our game will provide a bit of a distraction.

      Delete
  9. How fun is this?! I love regency and I love books! lol What a very neat idea and just the bit of pick me up we all need in this time. :) Okay - I'm off to choose my words now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Regency fans! May all your words be chosen quickly!

      Delete
  10. I'm playing!!! I love regency romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You bear a lot of the responsibility for getting me into writing Regency. It was your book recommendations that got me thinking about penning a Regency story of my own! ;)

      Delete
  11. I sent my words in! Please consult my list when you pick the Bingo words! LOL This sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for all your work in preparing for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Fortunately, we've drawn all the words already, so there is no chance of collusion, but I hope your words are all chosen early in the piece! :) Thanks for playing!

      Delete
    2. No opportunity to cheat? Hmm. I guess I'll just have to play fair, then.

      But like my father-in-law used to say, "I may not always play fair, but I don't always lose, either."

      Delete

  12. Hi Erica:

    I have a question about Regency Bingo. How are the three words disclosed? Do you just read out three words each time from the full list or do you each read a passage from one of your books in which one or more of the words are present?

    If you are going to read passages from your books, I'd like to play "Blind Regency Bingo" in which I create a list of 16 words that are not on your master list but which you may use in your book passages. The goal would be to get as many of the 16 word "blind list" mentioned. The contestant who gets the most non-list words used, wins.

    I think this would be a good way to market your many books.

    Here's my list:

    Cut
    Bingo
    Bluestocking
    Hoyden
    Butcher's Bill
    Entail
    Ton
    Landau
    Four-in-hand
    Primogeniture
    Chaise
    Curtsey
    Gig
    Bedlam
    Chère-Amie
    Chit

    If not this time, maybe next time. :)

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vince,

    We drew the words out of a hat...a Regency top hat to be exact. We filmed ourselves drawing the words, and the readers will be able to watch the videos to see if our words drawn match their words chosen.

    Blind Regency Bingo...that would be interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."