Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday Scripture & Prayer Requests

CORPUS CHRISTI
THE BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST

The Last Supper, Juan de Juanes, c. 1562. [US-PD]

Jesus said to the Jewish crowds:
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven;
whoever eats this bread will live forever;
and the bread that I will give
is my flesh for the life of the world."
The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,
"How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
Jesus said to them,
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,
you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
has eternal life,
and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food,
and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me
and I have life because of the Father,
so also the one who feeds on me
will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven.
Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died,
whoever eats this bread will live forever."
John 6:51-58


The Seekerville bloggers are praying for YOU and for our entire blog community. If you have any special intentions that need additional prayer coverage, leave a request for prayer in the comment section below. 

Please join us in praying for the United States--and the world--during this coronavirus outbreak. Also please pray for calm to be restored to our country and for peace to reign.

We are so grateful for all of you—for your friendship and your support! 
May the Lord bless you and your families and keep you safe.

6 comments:

  1. Debby, thank you for posting this. In times of trouble, after I realize I cannot fix the world, that there is only one who can and he is Jesus.... I read these beautiful scriptures and realize it was always that way!

    The beauty of Jesus's life, His example is the best way, truth and life I need.

    Why do I forget that sometimes?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special day and special scripture reading--one of my favorites! I'm always brought to my knees when I realize on the night before his death he gives himself totally to us. A gift of pure love!

    Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday! You are all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post. A great reminder. Thanks for sharing.
    We should try to be more like Jesus.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Lori! We're praying for you and your family. Have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this meditation, Debby. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."