Monday, August 23, 2021

Favorite book-ish memes!

 Erica here. I am up to my eyeballs in a deadline right now, and I could use a bit of levity. If you are part of the Inspirational Regency Readers group on Facebook, you know I love a good book-ish meme. I thought I would post some of my favorites here today.













Which one resonated with/is your favorite? Comment, and I'll pick a winner to receive an e-copy of The Lost Lieutenant! 


He's doing what he can to save the Prince Regent's life . . . but can he save his new marriage as well?


Evan Eldridge never meant to be a war hero--he just wanted to fight Napoleon for the future of his country. And he certainly didn't think that saving the life of a peer would mean being made the Earl of Whitelock. But when the life you save is dear to the Prince Regent, things can change in a hurry.

Now Evan has a new title, a manor house in shambles, and a stranger for a bride, all thrust upon him by a grateful ruler. What he doesn't have are all his memories. Traumatized as a result of his wounds and bravery on the battlefield, Evan knows there's something he can't quite remember. It's important, dangerous--and if he doesn't recall it in time, will jeopardize not only his marriage but someone's very life.





Best-selling, award-winning author Erica Vetsch loves Jesus, history, romance, and sports. She’s a transplanted Kansan now living in Minnesota, and she is married to her total opposite and soul mate! When she’s not writing fiction, she’s planning her next trip to a history museum and cheering on her Kansas Jayhawks and New Zealand All Blacks. You can connect with her at her website, 
www.ericavetsch.com where you can read about her books and sign up for her newsletter, and you can find her online at https://www.facebook.com/EricaVetschAuthor/ where she spends way too much time!

29 comments:

  1. The one about going for one book and buying 18--that was me at the Mississippi River Readers Retreat. I don't think I quite bought 18, but close! And I bought The Last Lieutenant, so no need to put me in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great to meet you at the MRRR, and I think you were not alone in getting a big old stack of books there! I hope you enjoy The Lost Lieutenant!

      Delete
  2. I know I've had that look on my face when everything comes together and the title makes sense! LOL And the first one that talks about laughing out loud in public, but for me it's sometimes a tear or two. I remember reading The Fault in Our Stars on an airplane and wondering if everyone around me thought I was crazy :) And I also have a copy of The Lost Lieutenant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn that "AHA!" face, too! :D And I've been known to talk to my book while in public..."Oh, no, don't do that!" or "If you'd just kiss her already!"

      Delete
  3. Looking at the bookworms belongings and then the library of Alexandria memes, I remember that my library burned down last year and had yet to open again. I do remember taking my clothe tote bag and filling it with books. I’m so upset that my favorite collections from the years have burned. Looking forward to the new structure, even the temporary library sounds good. COVID sucks for keeping everything closed and halting the progress of everything. Porterville library will rise again, hoping it will be better than before, but still missing the old one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jennica...that is horrible. All those friends and memories at the library. I hope you're up and running again soon, and that they are able to replace what was lost with new copies.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the laughs today, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved them all - although I have to admit the one about DIY projects using books hit me where it hurts.

    And the one about the Alexandria library - we'll never know what was lost!

    I must be a total book geek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do use old books to make book art at our bookstore. But the ones used are really old and faded and falling apart and aren't anything really special.

      Delete
    2. Even though I know that the book art is made from old books of highly questionable usefulness as a book, it still gets me every time. :-)

      Delete
    3. I know it's far better than the old books being tossed into the trash, and that it is mostly book lovers who get to enjoy the art created this way...but I have to remind myself every time!

      Delete
    4. I have a lamp made from old books, they're the base with a drilled hole through the center of each with the lightbulb and shade on top. And I stare at those books and think about disassembling the lamp and wonder if I could read each book with a hole in the center of every page. I'll bet I could figure it out.

      Delete
    5. LOL, if you didn't do that during the COVID lockdown, I think it might be too late to try. :)

      Delete
  6. I like the one when the fish finishes a chapter and discovers there's another one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much!!!!! This is my kind of triathlon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be a gold medalist if this was an Olympic event! :)

      Delete
  8. You know, I do get upset thinking of the Library of Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Especially late at night when I should be sleeping but my brain won't shut off...

      Delete
  9. The meme about Alexandria reminds me of our library here in Porterville. Desperately awaiting the reopening, but it’s been well over a year. One day…

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved all of them but if I had to choose one.... it would be the David Tennant one about when the title begins to make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erica, this is such a fun post. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."