Wednesday, November 10, 2021

BOOK RELEASE COMING!!!!

 



I remember everything about this series.

I remember when Natasha called me to say two publishers wanted it and did I want to choose.... or did I want it to go to auction if both were willing?

I chose.

I chose Amazon Waterfall Publishing and that's when I got an email from my wonderful editor there, saying my story "Welcome to Wishing Bridge" made her miss the 4th of July fireworks on the Hudson River in Manhattan because she couldn't put it down.

And that's when I knew I'd chosen well.

Amazon was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the editors, to the free-lancers, cover-designers, and then the final read-throughs and thoughts... they were accurate, cheerful, honest, helpful and encouraging.

We got through the first two books before they decided to close that publishing arm. 

AT HOME IN WISHING BRIDGE

That's when an author either sets a series aside and moves on or moves on with the series and goes indie.

That didn't used to be a choice!!!! Now it is, and I was thrilled to present

Finding Peace in Wishing Bridge two years ago... 

I am so excited to bring Rachel's story to you. And we'll follow it with Heather's story in 2022 because I've been playing catch-up... and I'm in full-on Wishing Bridge mode.

Why?

Because readers have embraced this town, these stories, the people, the places, the hope and the blessings of friends and neighbors during hard times and how salt-of-the-earth folks are still alive and well in small towns and big cities across this great land!

With almost 800 reviews, book one is rated 4.7 stars... Book two is 4.6 with over 500 reviews and book three is 4.7 stars with nearly 400 reviews.

Wishing Bridge calls to people. It touches their hearts and maybe their souls and I'm delighted to be releasing Rachel's story, a young woman who has suffered at the hands of her family and her harsh church. With the help of friends, Rachel is leaving the North Country to right a heinous wrong. Her twin daughters were given away at birth, without her permission and they just might be living among the Amish of Wishing Bridge.

But Rachel doesn't want the world to know why she's there. Suffice it to say that she's escaping a harsh church.

Understandable, right?

But when she develops feelings for Hale Jackson's friend Eric, another wonderful deputy sheriff, Rachel knows it can go nowhere. He's the law... and she's willing to break the law to get her babies back.

In twelve days the story releases for Kindle.

And the following week for paperback.

It's a story that takes the sadness of oppression and heals wounds with the balm of grace, love, hope and friendship. 

It's a story that shows how one person's kindness can become another person's earthly salvation... and maybe ease a path toward heaven's salvation, too.

It's a story that was inspired by one of those moments where you experience something and you see a book unfold.... I was in the North Country fifteen years ago and we stopped at an Amish stand. The mother wouldn't let her children come to the stand and take care of us. They were shushed and sent back, away from the English customers. And the grim look on the mother's face imprinted itself on my soul.

I knew there were stories there. And so I wrote one. Rachel's. A story of loss and sorrow and hope and dreams and success. A beautiful story that puts blame where it belongs. Not on God... or religion... but the evil of men.

Sex, lust, greed, avarice, power....  Temptations lead us astray.

Twelve days.

I am blessed. So blessed. Blessed to have inherited my mother's talent for writing and the time to make the most of it.


I'm not saying you have to buy this book.

It's okay if you don't.

And it's even okay if you win the $15 Amazon card and spend it on something else.

I'm just glad you stopped by today. Glad to share this excitement and happy news with you and so many others. And glad to be an author in a time where we have so many beautiful and wonderful options open to us.

Could you ever have imagined a time such as this? 

Grab some coffee, bring some tea, or take a Coke from the fridge...

Homemade fudge from our farm is on the counter.

Let's talk the beauty of Wishing Bridge, NY and why this series of books is so loved and widely read.... and I promise, we won't be leaving the good Lord Himself out of the picture! 

Huge thanks to Beth Jamison of Jamison Editing for the editing on this story and the beautiful cover. You rocked it, Beth, and you are an absolute pleasure to work with.

Of course, you probably get that from your sweet Mama. :)

PREORDER EMBRACING LIGHT IN WISHING BRIDGE HERE


So while we're celebrating this new book release, let's talk about book appeal... what is it about a setting or series that draws you in? What is it that keeps you coming back for more?

Join the conversation and have your name tucked in for a $15 Amazon Gift Card!



Multi-published inspirational author Ruth Logan Herne is the author of over sixty published novels and novellas, she is living her dream of writing books that people buy, the kind of stories she likes to read. Now that's a bonus! She owns and manages a busy pumpkin farm in WNY with a whole bunch of family, friends and volunteers... she loves God, her family, her country and she is often seen with coffee, chocolate, a good doughnut, dogs and/or Diet Mt Dew. #nojudge #goodstuff

Email Ruthy at loganherne@gmail.com or friend her Facebook.... she loves to hear from folks.

44 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely get it from my mama! :) Congrats on another wonderfully captivating story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for your keen eye and your hard work... Everyone is over the moon with this perfect cover... now we need to think about Heather's cover... :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore this series and have already preordered the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why read it you ask?
    #1-I love small town Wishing Bridge and the neighborly people who live there
    #2-It's a RUTHY book and I read every. single. one!
    #3-Ruthy going Amish? That's a first and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    I'm so looking forward to Embracing Light, congrats on book 4 in this series! I'm already writing in Heather by RLH on my 2022 reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will love this story. It hits every note. I'm not saying that to brag, it just feels that way when I go over the story line, the characters, the meanings... Oh my stars, I can't wait for you to read it and get your opinion, Tracey. You've been with me from the start.

      Thank you, dear one. I say that firmly and with humility: Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Wishing Bridge is one of my favorite series! I can’t wait for the new stories! I have already preordered this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m Melissa Glor-don’t know why it posted as unknown :)

      Delete
    2. Melissa, Blogger gets weird. Cranky. Maybe gassy. :) Thank you so much! I hope you love it. I know I love it, but I'm supposed to and the true test is how readers react... And I'm more than half-way done with Heather's story and it's grabbed my heart. Families are the weirdest things... and siblings... and first loves... and grudges... Oh, Melissa, this is why we humans are such a frail, fragile bunch. We are so good at hiding hurt until it festers or bubbles over... I can't wait to know what you think!

      Delete
  5. Congrats, Ruthy! Another wonderful Ruthy read!!!

    And the number of reviews is amazing. Good for you. Readers love your stories. I do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, thank you! And the power of Amazon's algorithms is a constant amazement to me. They get the word out there... but the reader response is the best gift of all. That means so much, to know we touch hearts and souls.

      Delete
  6. I am always in such awe of you Ruthie! Congrats!!! Looking forward to reading this story!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, silly! You have such a good heart and amazing talents. I'm so glad we're friends.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Ruthy, on another new release, on choosing your own path, and on building your indy empire! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, we are so blessed with options... choices authors never used to have. I think part of running our own business is knowing when to use those choices to benefit us and our readers. Kind of like knowing when to stock cranberries... and when to stock peaches. :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on another wonderful book. I love the Wishing Bridge series because of the small town feel, the people in the community, the willingness for neighbor to help neighbor, and where good always wins out! Already preordered my copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Edwina, thank you so much! What a lovely tribute!!!! I hope you love it!!!

      Delete
  9. Ruthy, ALL your books "hit every note with me"!! I can't wait to read this one Nov. 22.
    Blessings on you, Beth J. and keep up the great writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, thank you so much. What a stinkin' nice thing to say!!!!

      Delete
  10. Ruthy Thank you for this amazing post I love series because it keeps me wanting to read the books to see what happens in the next book! Blessings to You and Yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you for your kind words... I love series, too.... Because when I fall in love with characters and setting, I never want it to end!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Mindy, thank you! And huge congrats on your new contract!!! I am so proud of you!!!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Angeline.... and I hope you love it. I know I do... but there's always that little niggle of waiting to see reader response!!!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on another book release! I'm excited for another visit to Wishing Bridge!

    Thanks for the informative post. I'm glad you're so adaptable in your publishing choices. We're always excited for more Ruthy books!!

    Awesome job on the cover, Beth!

    Winnie T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie, we have a joke in Seekerville, that I've managed to close down MORE PUBLISHERS than should be humanly possible... and there is a grain of truth in that. Publishing is a volatile industry and big name pubs open lines and then close them so I'm pretty sure I'm being wrongly accused (coughs lightly here) :) But how wonderful to have alternatives! And I'm so glad that other authors are having similar results with their indie efforts.

      Good writing is good writing and I couldn't let a series die ahead of its goal... and it's amazing what can happen, isn't it?

      Delete
  14. You know I love this series, Ruthy. So glad you have more coming. Looking forward to reading it! Please put me in the drawing for the Amazon card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in, my friend! And thank you for loving Wishing Bridge!!!!

      Delete
  15. Happy book birthday, Ruthy! I like small-ish town settings and how the characters interact in a way that they can't in big cities. As Louise Penny is to Three Pines' mysteries, so you are to Wishing Bridge inspirationals! I love these stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Carol, what a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much!!!!

      Delete
  16. Congratulations! I haven’t visited Wishing Bridge but would love to. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruthy and Beth-the dynamic duo. You guys rock. Love a series about real-life issues. Love small towns. And I love any book by Ruthy. I know I'm getting an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I'm tucking you in for the drawing and we're both so grateful for your kind words!

      Delete
  18. I am from a small town, where everyone knew everybody else when I was growing up. Now, there are new faces, new families, but we still care about each other and try to help; we share the good and the bad. Why are these stories so popular? We need to be reminded of the goodness of man and we want to read about goodness instead of "Sex, lust, greed, avarice, power.... Temptations lead us astray." We know that God can conquer all and we want to read about it! Thanks for writing what we love, Ruthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what an absolutely wonderful and succinct way to put it. "...the goodness of man..." Yes! How neighbors stand for neighbors, how life goes on, how the thread of God's timing weaves throughout... Connie, thank you!

      Delete
  19. So great a thing to see truth shared and with it another Book Birthday!
    It sounds like a wonderful story Ruth, one I look forward to reading!
    Blessings & Much Love
    Linda Marie Finn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad that you were able to continue this series despite the publisher closing that branch. I think one of the most tragic things ever is an author having to put aside a story or world despite the fact that it isn't finished because of publishing issues or because their first book didn't sell very well so the publisher decided to drop that series. So I'm glad that didn't have to be the case for your series!

    Personally, what always brings me back, especially with writing my own series (they always end up longer than I originally planned... whoops) are the characters but also the setting plays a huge role. I spend a lot of time making up these fantasy worlds, might as well put them to good use and write twenty books set in that world, right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just knowing the book is penned by Ruthie is proof enough that this will be a wonderful book. I love your heart, Ruthie! We bee bopped through NY in Oct, scooted right on by you, did you see me wave? Mary Vee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Characters-past and present draw me into a series and keep me there

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a great series! Thank you for the opportunity and congratulations on your upcoming release! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."