Friday, December 10, 2021

Share Your Christmas Reading with Me!


Hello Seekerville! First off, can you believe we're already in December of 2021?!  How are you? 

Last year was the first time we spent Christmas home and not with either my in-laws or with my family. We got a small tree - not quite Charlie Brown's tree, but shorter than my Darcy and still taller than me.  We watched It's a Wonderful Life per our tradition, and reread a few classics.  I once did a post on a personal tradition of rereading books on Seekerville, and it's been a norm for me to reread books I've fallen in love with.  However for this year, I'd like to do something a bit different. 


Asking for some Christmas cheer!


This year during this Christmas season, I'd like to add to my personal arsenal of favorite books from recommendations from YOU! Reading has always been a joy, a hobby, an outlet for stress, but most importantly a part of me. Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, I have not been able to read like I used to, but not for a lack of trying. Since the amount of books I can read in a given year had diminished substantially, I do need to be selective, one being that it must be available in ebook file (for my Paperwhite - one of my saving tool)!  With that said, the ones I did read this year, not many landed in my forever pile.  So I need you to help me add to my "TBR." 


What Books? 


With an ocean of books out there, I know it'll be hard to come up with just one.  So, I've compiled a list of topics that may help narrow things down. *wink wink. Just tell me the first book that comes to mind with the given topic. 

  1. Family gathering
  2. Traditions
    Image from Pixabay
  3. Christmas classic
  4. Winter wonderland
  5. Bed & Breakfast
  6. Sleigh Ride
  7. Secret Santa
  8. Christmas carolling
  9. Christmas Pageant
  10. Journey through Bethlehem
  11. Christmas themed Book Covers
  12. Advent
  13. Wishlist
  14. Stocking Stuffers
  15. Cozy fireplace
  16. Coffee shop
  17. Cookies / Baking
  18. Mistletoe
  19. Reader
  20. Woof Woof

Christmas Giveaway 

I’m gifting one US winner a mystery box of books!  To enter, just help me out with the above by leaving a comment (numbering corresponding topics) and you're entered. (You don't have to provide a book for each topic. Just one will do.)

If we have more than 25 (different) Village commenters, I will add another winner to also win a box of books. So share and bring your friends! 

Image from Pixabay


Box(es) will be mailed to the winner(s) as soon as possible (and hopefully arrive before Christmas). 

Subject to Seekerville giveaway terms and conditions.


THANK YOU & Merry Christmas!

22 comments:

  1. This is a fun post. I love Christmas books and read a lot of them. But I will recommend one for topic number 9--Christmas pageant. The Wish Book Christmas by Lynn Austin has the funniest Christmas pageant scene I have ever read. I laughed out loud and then I had to read the whole thing to my husband who also laughed out loud. I might point out that this book is a sequel to Lynn Austin's book If I Were You, although this could be enjoyed without reading the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #20 Barks & Beans Cafe Cozy Mystery series by Heather Day Gilbert--would also go for #16 too. #17 my Joy of Cooking and Betty Crocker cookbooks. LOL For #11 I will say The Christmas Promise by Richard Paul Evans. I am reading it now and couldn't quite figure out what other topic to put it with. 😁Happy reading and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O, that Barks & Beans Cafe sounds good. I also enjoyed The Christmas Promise. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. What fun! I can think of very few books to add - I just haven't read a lot of Christmas books lately.

    But for #3 - Christmas Classic - it has to be Dicken's A Christmas Carol, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great classic! We actually listened to an audiobook of the Christmas Carol on our recent road trip for visiting family during the Thanksgiving break.

      Delete
  4. #11 Mindy Steele Christmas Grace Is such a Great Book plus The White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright and #3 The Polar Express My grandchildren love that book! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestions! Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  5. Family gathering Saint Maybe
    Traditions It's a Wonderful Life (movie)
    Christmas classic Agree with Jan: Dickens! A Christmas Carol!!!
    Winter wonderland Welcome to Wishing Bridge (yes, my book!)
    Bed & Breakfast ?????
    Sleigh Ride ??????
    Secret Santa
    Christmas carolling
    Christmas Pageant The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
    Journey through Bethlehem
    Christmas themed Book Covers
    Advent Must think on this one...
    Wishlist
    Stocking Stuffers
    Cozy fireplace
    Coffee shop
    Cookies / Baking
    Mistletoe
    Reader
    Woof Woof

    Clearly I don't read enough Christmas stories.... But I do love to write them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ones so far! It's a Wonder Life is also our tradition every Christmas season. Love your Wishing Bridge series! Welcome to Wishing Bridge was also the first one I thought of too for Winter Wonderland!

      Delete
  6. #3 Christmas Classic - The Fourth Wise Man by Henry Van Dyke
    #9 Christmas Pageant - The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Miracle Dog by Dave Barry
    #10 Journey to Bethlehem - Two from Galilee by Marjorie Holmes
    #17 Christmas Baking - Definitely Jan Drexler's An Amish Christmas Recipe Box - Yum!

    What great lists, everyone!

    And I wasn't sure where to put this one, but I love I'll Be Yours for Christmas by Dalyn Weller. It's got a Christmas tree farm, a foster child, and a dog. What more do you want at Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestions! And ditto on I'll Be Yours for Christmas! Sounds lovely!

      Delete
  7. 3. Once Upon Dickens Christmas
    18. Under the Texas Mistletoe


    eclitton at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! That should read "Once Upon a Dickens Christmas"! :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you! #3 I've read and thoroughly enjoyed as well! Need to add the other. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. For #12 or #10, How Far to Bethlehem by Norah Lofts. I read my paperback copy (and lent it out) so many times it literally fell apart, and my husband went on a vintage book hunt to get me a hardcover copy to replace it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one! Thank you.
      And that was super super sweet of your husband!

      Delete
  9. Either I'm extra tired, or I am NOT a well-read Christmas reader! lol

    #10 - Two from Galilee
    It's a Wonderful Life. Goodness, that fits several, doesn't it?

    And on the others, I read the themes listed, and stories are my head, but I can't think of the titles. But this is actually a great activity I need to think on it more!

    And...really, here's the REAL reason I simply can't think of anything ADULT-LIKE to share, but I'm your grandma when it comes to Christmas themed cartoons...

    Family gathering - There was a family gathering today on tv, but I can't remember if it was on Daniel Tiger or Bluey...

    Sleigh Ride & Secret Santa - Doc McStuffins delivered all the toys because Santa got lost

    Wishlist - Bob really wanted something for Christmas and Bingo and Roly went on a mission and got it for him

    Cookies / Baking - Cookie Monster gobbled up all the Christmas cookies and didn't share

    Woof Woof - Bingo, Roly, Cupcake, and Rufus helped Santa get his sleigh unstuck in the park

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! O Pam! I laughed so hard, startled the pups! Lol.

      Delete
  10. 3. A Christmas Carol
    9. A Wish Book Christmas
    10. The Glory of Christmas
    12. Windows on Christmas
    I can’t think at the moment. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."