Friday, January 7, 2022

A Surpise Post?????

 Good morning all! 

This not-so-surprising post is to remind you that this is a New Year.... Day 7! 

This is where you start pushing yourself to write something each day. 

No shirking.

No excuses.

But if you miss a day, the world will not nor should it end. That's up to God. Not authors.

So then you jump back on the bandwagon and you write.

Now if you LOVE WRITING this isn't a hard ship.

If you don't love writing then it's more of a job.

I am blessed to be of the former category, but I know a lot of successful authors who are of the latter ilk.

(I wanted to use the word "ilk")

The trick is, there is no trick. They just keep working.

So today is your reminder to pull up your big kid panties and let's get on with it.

"When I stand before God at the end of my days I want to be able to say 'I used everything you gave me'".        Erma Bombeck

Smart lady.

Good mantra.

Enjoy your Friday and please... join me at the keyboard because never have there been so many amazing opportunities for authors!


Bestselling, multi-published author Ruth Logan Herne is loving what she's doing as she creates stories that make folks smile... and sometimes cry. She loves God (He's like her BFF, bestie and really good friend), her family, her country, dogs, puppies, chocolate, little kids and bigger kids, too. She's often seen with coffee. Email her at loganherne@gmail.com or follow her on Facebook. 


7 comments:

  1. Writing for at least 15 minutes most days of the week. Terrified and procrastinating throughout some days, but I still do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruthy. Your pep talks are always good. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm raising my hand - I'm of the "latter ilk!"

    But that's no excuse not to get in there and write at least a minimum number of words each day.

    I spent the last two days writing a short story, polishing it, and submitting it. Now it's time to get back to the WIP. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Ruthy! I've been putting my little corner of the world back together again during this last week and plan to get back to work in earnest on Monday.

    Speaking of which, could I ask for some professional advice? Harlequin announced their Love Inspired Author Search on Monday, and I plan to submit a Love Inspired Suspense story.

    When I entered a couple of years ago, they said they liked my voice and the premise I proposed, but the plot seemed episodic, so they weren't going to pursue publication. Over the last couple of years, I've learned a lot about plot and about writing a synopsis. BUT . . . how on Earth are you supposed to write any kind of coherent summary of your story in only 1-3 double spaced pages. I get what the synopsis is supposed to do. I just don't see how it can be done in such a small space.

    Would you or any of the other Seekers have any tricks of the trade, books to read, or words of wisdom you might be willing to share with me before I begin tackling this project next week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri!

      I don't have a lot of time to answer your question, but if you check the Seekerville Archives (click the button underneath the banner above) there are some great posts about writing synopses. That should get you started!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Jan! I will definitely check that out.

      Delete
  5. I think Ruthie just called some of us ILK, or like SCUM OF THE EARTH. Hmmmm. lol

    Actually, I fall in the former on some days and the latter on some days. Today, I'm leaning toward loving writing. Tomorrow... who knows?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."