Monday, December 5, 2022

Breath of Heaven

 My very favorite Christmas song.




Combined with my favorite Christmas Candy recipe

Connealy Crunch

2 pound package Almond Bark (melted)

Melt in microwave 1 ½ minutes. Stir. Melt 1 ½ minutes. That should be enough. You might need slightly longer. Almond bark doesn’t lose its shape when it melts so you have to stir it to see if it’s enough. Add:

3 C. Captain Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal                              

3 C. miniature marshmallows

3 C. Rice Krispies

3 C. mixed nuts

Spread out on waxed paper. Let cool. Break into bite sized pieces.

But........because I know I've posted this before, here's another one that's pretty, easy and delicious

Holiday wreaths

They're just modified Rice Krispy Bars

1/3 C. butter

10 ounces marshmallows

Microwave 1 ½ minutes. Stir. Microwave again 1 ½ minutes. Continue until smooth. Add:

1 t. green food coloring

Add:

6 C. cornflakes (crushed)

Wet hands work as well as buttered hands to prevent sticking. Roll into balls. Poke thumb through center or make snakes and form a circle. (Balls work better) Decorate with red hots.


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year might be the year I try Connealy Crunch! The recipe looks SO GOOD, but it really isn't the kind of thing to make unless you have plenty of people to help eat it. I'll add it to the gifts for our neighbors this year :-)

    And I love, love, love that song. One my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a soul-stirring song! and Connealy Crunch is a MUST HAVE at our New Year's Day party every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to do the Connealy Crunch with my grandchildren, they couldn't wait to get their hands in it. They marveled at me rubbing butter on their hands, lol I showed them how to make wreaths, pancakes, etc, or snakes, they loved messing with it, period! Merry Christmas, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary! I've made Connealy Crunch for some many potlucks and it's always a hit! Glad the recipe is still in circulation!! Ho, ho, ho!

    Audra, the Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, thank you for reminding me just how special this song is, and for sharing these recipes. I'm definitely going to try your Connealy crunch! I wish you a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."