Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday Scripture & Prayer Requests

THE BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST

The Institution of the Eucharist, Nicolas Poussin, 1640, The Louvre, Paris. [PD-US]


Jesus said to the Jewish crowds:
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven;
whoever eats this bread will live forever;
and the bread that I will give
is my flesh for the life of the world."

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,
"How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
Jesus said to them,
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,
you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
has eternal life,
and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food,
and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me
and I have life because of the Father,
so also the one who feeds on me
will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven.
Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died,
whoever eats this bread will live forever."

John 6:51-58


 The Seekerville bloggers have been praying for YOU and for our entire blog community. If you have any special intentions that need additional coverage, leave a request for prayer in the comment section below. 

Please pray for our country and for an end to the problems that plague us at this current time, such as the increased cost of fuel and food and the rise in crime. Please pray for world peace, for the protection of our military, law enforcement officers and border agents.   


We are so grateful for all of you—for your friendship and your support! 

God bless you and keep you safe.  

3 comments:

  1. I am writing short stories, but can't seem to write a novel. I need to know if God is not calling me to write one, then I can stop obsessing over wanting to finish one. I don't know what my problem is. I can't seem to get proper sleep either. I am a wreck and need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, we're praying for you to find your way. The path to publication is often difficult, but don't get discouraged. Keep writing and you'll see progress. I'm sure of it! And try to enjoy the process instead of letting it cause you stress. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."