Did you know that pre-ordering a book is one of the most helpful things you can do for an author? Here are a few of the benefits, in case you wondered:
- The publisher is watching to see if there is any pre-publication buzz...and if there is, they are more likely to put even more marketing effort/dollars behind a book to build even more buzz.
- With so many books coming out all the time, hopping into your local bookstore and asking them to pre-order a book sends them a signal that something good is coming out. They often order two or three in addition to your pre-order to have it in the store on release day.
- Pre-order sales are added into the first week sales when the book is published, and all of those pre-orders can be just what is needed to get a book on a bestseller list. That "Bestseller" cache is a big one for authors. Whether it's the NYT, USA Today, ECPA, or Publisher's Weekly, hitting a bestseller list garners attention for the book, which can generate even more sales.
- Whatever weird math makes up the Internet, when there are pre-orders and buzz about a book, the mystery algorithms pick up on that buzz and spread it farther. Online retailers pick up on those mystery algorithms and promote the book on their sites.
- Asking your library to pre-order a book is HUGE! Authors love libraries. Libraries get authors' books into the hands of so many readers, and many true book lovers will investigate a new author via the library, and if they like the stories, will go out and purchase the author's whole backlist.
- Pre-ordering has a couple upsides for readers, too. You often get the book before the publication date if you order a print copy. Amazon often ships before the pub date. Also, pre-ordering means you order now, pay when the book ships. And, if you pre-order, you won't miss the release!
As authors, we thank all of you who read our books, whether you pre-order, get it through the library, share books with friends, print, ebook, or audio. We're just glad you're reading our stories and enjoying the bookish life!
Best-selling, award-winning author Erica Vetsch loves Jesus, history, romance, and sports. She’s a transplanted Kansan now living in Minnesota, and she is married to her total opposite and soul mate! When she’s not writing fiction, she’s planning her next trip to a history museum and cheering on her Kansas Jayhawks and New Zealand All Blacks. You can connect with her at her website, www.ericavetsch.com where you can read about her books and sign up for her newsletter, and you can find her online at https://www.facebook.com/EricaVetschAuthor/ where she spends way too much time!
Newly returned from finishing school, Lady Juliette Thorndike is ready to debut in London society. Due to her years away, she hasn't spent much time with her parents, and sees them only as the flighty, dilettante couple the other nobles love. But when they're lost at sea, she discovers she never really knew them at all. They've been living double lives as government spies--and they're only the latest in a long history of espionage that is the family's legacy.
Now Lady Juliette is determined to continue their work. Mentored by her uncle, she plunges into the dangerous world of spy craft. From the glittering ballrooms of London to the fox hunts, regattas, and soirees of country high society, she must chase down hidden clues, solve the mysterious code her parents left behind, and stay out of danger. All the while, she has to keep her endeavors a secret from her best friend and her suitors--not to mention nosy, irritatingly handsome Bow Street runner Daniel Swann, who suspects her of a daring theft.
Can Lady Juliette outwit her enemies and complete her parents' last mission? Or will it lead her to a terrible end?
Best-selling author Erica Vetsch is back with a rollicking, exciting new series destined to be a hit with Regency readers who enjoy a touch of mystery in their love stories. Fans of Julie Klassen, Sarah Ladd, and Anne Perry will love the wit, action, and romance.
Pre-order your copy here: https://smile.amazon.com/Debutantes-Thorndike-Swann-Regency-Mysteries/dp/0825447135