Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Scripture & Prayer Requests

THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT 

Jan Luyken etching of the parable, Bowyer Bible, Bolton, England.
Free Art License


Some people told Jesus about the Galileans
whose blood Pilate had mingled with the blood of their sacrifices.
Jesus said to them in reply,
“Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this way
they were greater sinners than all other Galileans?
By no means!
But I tell you, if you do not repent,
you will all perish as they did!
Or those eighteen people who were killed
when the tower at Siloam fell on them

do you think they were more guilty
than everyone else who lived in Jerusalem?
By no means!
But I tell you, if you do not repent,
you will all perish as they did!”

And he told them this parable:
“There once was a person who had a fig tree planted in his orchard,
and when he came in search of fruit on it but found none,
he said to the gardener,
‘For three years now I have come in search of fruit on this fig tree
but have found none.
So cut it down.
Why should it exhaust the soil?’
He said to him in reply,
‘Sir, leave it for this year also,
and I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it;
it may bear fruit in the future.
If not you can cut it down.’”

Luke 1:1-9

The Seekerville bloggers are praying for YOU and for our entire blog community. If you have any special intentions that need additional prayer coverage, leave a request for prayer in the comment section below. 

Please join us in praying for our country, for the people of Ukraine, 
for an end to Russian aggression, and 
for the protection of our military.

GOD BLESS THE USA!

We are so grateful for all of you—for your friendship and your support! 

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe.       

12 comments:

  1. Please pray for my husband, Dave. Last year he had a blood clot in his lower left leg. All attempts at dissolving the clot and restoring blood flow failed. He will have a below-the-knee amputation this Thursday. Please pray for a successful surgery and recovery, that he will adjust to the prosthetic easily, and that insurance will cover all the costs. Please pray that he will not get discouraged and that I will have energy and strength to be his caregiver. Thank you and blessings to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear this, Edwina. Lifting both you and Dave up in prayer.

      Delete
    2. Mindy, thank you so much for your prayers. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Edwina, I am so sorry about this. I will pray for your husband's surgery and for you as his caregiver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thank you so much! I appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  3. Edwina, I alerted the Seekers to your need. All of us are covering your husband's surgery and recovery as well as your strength and ability to care for him. God bless you, dear friend. You and your husband are carrying a heavy cross. Praying God's healing touch throughout the procedure and recuperation. Praying your husband adjusts well to the prosthesis, praying the insurance covers all charges and praying for you to feel the Lord's loving embrace through it all.

    Jesus, we trust in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, thank you for letting the Seekers know. I appreciate yours and their prayers very much. I know God will see us through this time.

    Blessings,
    Edwina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Edwina, I had no idea he was still suffering with this. Honey, I'm so sorry. Praying for him and for you.... I know how difficult this must be. We will cover you in prayer. I know this is a rugged step-by-step process. We will pray you through each step, dear Edwina.

      Delete
  5. Last April I lost my sister and 3 months later my brother passed away from cancer. My sister who passed her eldest daughter was also battling cancer. She passed away Mar.17, St. Patrick's Day 4 days ago. She was like a sister to me. She suffered so much. Just like my brother. So in less than a year we lost 3 very important people in my life. And this was not the beginning. I lost 2 sisters 4 months apart 6 years ago. Both my parents and 2 other siblings from cancer. So our family has been hit so hard with death that the grieving process never goes away. Having a very hard time dealing with all these passings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I am so sorry you have had so much grief. You will be in my prayers.

      Delete
    2. Joanne.... what a tragedy. I'm so very sorry. I believe in God, I believe in His mercy so I have no words for something like this.... why some families are hit so hard. I am praying for you, for your family and I am so dreadfully sorry for the losses you've suffered. I hope you keep us posted. Let us know how things are going. We will keep praying and we truly care. Stay in touch, okay?

      Delete
  6. Joanne, you've had so much! We're covering you with prayer as you deal with your grief. Bless you! May the Lord provide comfort and peace in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."