Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Yet Another Book Baby Dropping Soon

by Mindy Obenhaus

There are lots of celebrations on tap for the Obi family this month. One grandson has a birthday, as well as our youngest daughter. Later this month, we'll be welcoming a new grandbaby AND I'll have a new book baby to boot. 

Book three in my Hope Crossing series, Loving the Rancher's Children, releases May 23rd. If you've read one or both of the other two books in the series, you'll not only have an opportunity to catch up with some familiar characters from the first two books, but you'll also get to know Jake Walker and Alli Krenek who've been mentioned in the previous books. No worries if you haven't ready either of the other books, though. Any of them can be read as a stand-alone. 

Growing up on adjoining ranches, Jake and Alli were the best of friends, always trying to outdo each other. But just when it seemed their friendship was blossoming into something more, Jake broke Alli's heart. And they've barely spoken since. Something that was easy to do when Alli lived in Austin. But now she's back in Hope Crossing and Jake is a widowed father of two in need of a nanny. A position Alli would jump on if Jake weren't the children's father. But between her soft spot for kids and God's nudging, Alli soon changes her mind. 

Have you ever encountered someone you once knew and tried to fit them into the mold of who they were only to find out they'd changed? I don't know about you, but I'm not the same person I was at eighteen. I've had a lot of life experiences between then and now and they've shaped who I am today.

As a writer, I loved watching Jake and Alli discover who the other person had become. To see their preconceived notions flipped upside down. And I hope you will, too. You can preorder your copy at any of these fine retailers: Amazon, ChristianBook.com, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target

But today we're celebrating, so I'm giving away a signed copy of Loving the Rancher's Children, along with a $20 Amazon gift card (U.S. mailing addresses only, please). Simply leave a comment to be entered, however, if you comment as Anonymous, please include a name so everyone will know which Anonymous actually won. Then be sure to check the Weekend Edition Saturday to find out if you're a winner.

Best-selling author Mindy Obenhaus is passionate about touching readers with Biblical truths in an entertaining, and sometimes adventurous, manner. She lives on a ranch in Texas with her husband, two sassy pups, countless cattle, deer and the occasional coyote, mountain lion or snake. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, cooking and watching copious amounts of the Hallmark Channel. Learn more at www.MindyObenhaus.com


19 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy, nice to hear from you. Another grandchild! Your cup does run over.
    I don't go to class reunions. I have no broken heart to avenge or scores to settle. It was what it was. But I'm always interested when I run into people from my school days. Even the "worst" of them has been knocked around a little by life. And they're better people, as am I.
    I think recognizing how people have changed is the heart of all reunion romances and an important part of what we do, which heads back to Galatians 2:20 etc., which is why we write inspirational.
    Having lunch with my daughter today. Hope the rain stops.
    Kathy Bailey
    Your Kaybee
    Pondering change in New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, grace is an amazing thing. Where would we be without it?

      Delete
  2. Hi Mindy, I am looking forward to reading Loving the Rancher's Children...love the cover! And please count me in for the Amazon card! Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the celebrations, Mindy, both grandbabies and book baby! It sounds like such a good story! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby. I hope you get an opportunity to read it.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new book! I can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your May release sounds wonderful, Mindy! My last high school reunion came to mind when I read your question about people changing. So fun to see folks after all the years. Many were difficult to recognize, others not so much. Yes, many had changed. The class flirt was happily married and a very nice guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that about the class flirt, Debby. She finally found Mr. Right. ;-)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mindy, congratulations on this newest book. I've been to several of my high school reunions over the years and I've seen many changes in my classmates. Physical changes, of course, but also changes in personality and attitudes. Please enter my name in your drawing. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, high school reunions can be very eye-opening. Just like our characters, our life experiences shape us. I'm so thankful for God's redeeming grace.

      Delete

If you have trouble leaving a comment, please "clear your internet cache" and try again. You can find this in your browser settings under "clear history."